New suit, loose stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New suit, loose stitching

Hey guys... quick poll...what would you do about loose stitching at the crotch of new suit pants? See pic below. It's a nice Spier & Mackay suit.

Is this something where you'd return the suit, ignore, or take to your tailor? I assume I don't want to tug on the threads.

Not concerned with the appearance (totally invisible under... all... most... conceivable circumstances), more concerned with any impact to longevity of the garment.

Thank you,
    Eric

Oh BTW... that's a quarter @ the left... maybe 2-3" total thread showing.

Comment

I don't see a picture.

Comment

That's weird, I see it on Chome on my PC but not from my phone!

Here's a link:

https://imgur.com/gHCDNnw

Comment

It looks like it's just the end of a piece of thread that accidentally didn't get cut. You can probably just cut it off with a small pair of scissors and not see any consequences.

However, to be on the safe side I'd send a picture to S&M and see if they'll send you a new pair. The last thing you would want is to cut it or pull it out and the whole crotch unravels. If you contact them you at least have a record of it.

Comment

Gotcha. One of the threads has an open end, another is a loop (comes out of one part of the seam, goes into another part). I'm thinking I definitely don't want to cut the loop.

I send a pic to S&M and we'll see what they say... appreciate your advice!

Comment

Working...
            X