Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henley Ideas

Hey everyone,
    It’s finally get cool here in the desert and I was wondering if anybody has recommendations on henleys. I am looking more for one that aren’t the waffle style. They just remind me to much of traditional long underwear. I am a bigger fan of the smooth fabric. I was hoping Joe would post a 2020 version of the Henley Palooza but I guess he got busy; though I am expecting it soon as I ask.
    Thanks everyone

I like the Target Goodfellow henley which tends to get good reviews on the main site. Raglan sleeves, curved hemline (looks finished when untucked), flattering slim fit, well designed placket, dirt cheap, available in smooth fabric.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Buck Mason's t-shirts. The pima cotton is very soft and lightweight, and the curved hem on the bottom is a total game changer in the way it helps the shirt drape. I don't have any of their henleys, but they make them out of the same fabric so I imagine they are just as good. They would be my first choice if I was in the market for new henleys.

If you want a cheaper option I picked up a few henleys from J Crew Factory a few years back. They have a solid weight to them and have held up just fine after several years. The ones I have had metal buttons, but it looks like they've switched to plastic for the current ones.

Comment

I also have a couple of the Target Goodfellow henleys from a few years ago. I like them. Smooth, lightweight fabric and the fit is really great for me (slim). After a dozen washes or so, the neck has puckered a bit, but not too bad.

I also grabbed one of the Amazon Goodthreads "sueded cotton" henleys. Also has raglan sleeves. The fit is slightly roomier (but still pretty good) and the fabric is pretty substantial. Much thicker than Target's. Soft and buttery. I like it.

Comment

I swear joe mentioned there was a "best henleys" roundup up coming out but that was weeks ago

I love

-goodthreads on amazon
          -suitsupply
          -j crew
          -banana republic

Comment

I have merino ones from Bonobos which are nice, although dry clean only. For casual, I like Marine Layer. Have not tried, but have read good things about Pistol Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
              I like the Target Goodfellow henley which tends to get good reviews on the main site. Raglan sleeves, curved hemline (looks finished when untucked), flattering slim fit, well designed placket, dirt cheap, available in smooth fabric.
              I picked up 2 of these on one of their $15 sales not expecting much, and I love them! I had to size down from my normal size, since they are target 'traditional' fit, but the fit and cut is fantastic on me. Ended up grabbing a third in another color. They are pretty lightweight - think a heavy, long sleeved t-shirt, but work well to later with.

I also have 3 Gap henleys from last season and also love them. They are heavier weight than the Goodfellows and make a great New England cool/cold weather casual shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post

I picked up 2 of these on one of their $15 sales not expecting much, and I love them! I had to size down from my normal size, since they are target 'traditional' fit, but the fit and cut is fantastic on me. Ended up grabbing a third in another color. They are pretty lightweight - think a heavy, long sleeved t-shirt, but work well to later with.
                Good point about the sizing. I just checked and indeed the collar tag says "standard fit." I'm often a large (6'2" 180) but do a medium on these and the fit is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X