Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statesboro
    replied

Yeah, I definitely wanted to pick a tie before the shirt because it's easier to match this way so I'll pick a suit first and then the tie etc. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• tdig
    replied

I'd echo a similar process. Start with the occasion in order to pick the suit but I'll typically decide on my tie before my shirt. I find that the style of the tie dictates the style of the shirt moreso than the other way around. Accessories last.

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

I do the same as Alan, pick the suit, then the shirt, then the tie/belt/shoes.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I usually think of the occasion for wearing the suit and then start from the outside (the suit) and work my way in. It's a non-issue for people who only have one or two, but I'm now up to 3 dressy suits and 3 semi-casuals. I wouldn't say I have a specific order every time, though. It's iterative and may often rotate around a single piece that I'd like to wear like a particular tie or particular pair of shoes.

Leave a comment:

• statesboro
    started a topic How do you put together an outfit?

How do you put together an outfit?

It's an issue I've refered to in a different thread of mine but I think it deserves it's own.

If you want to put together an outfit you're going to wear on your own instead of copying a look of somebody else, how do you do that? Where do you start?

To be clear, we're taking suits here.

I was thinking about starting with a tie I like and then matching things one by one - first a shirt, then a suit, then the shoes and then the accesories. What do you think?

Working...
X