Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you should all go get dressed up, and go vote!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should all go get dressed up, and go vote!

I wore my 'dappered tuxedo', with my predictable chukkas, jeans OCBD and a bandanarepublic blazer over to my polling place.

I wasn't quite expecting it, but getting dressed up a tiny bit made me feel like a million bucks.

Getting out of the proverbial sweatpants i had been in for months was super super helpful. Wearing the same partially dirty clothes really ruining my vibe. You should obviously do the same!

even if you don't want to get dressed up, you should obviously go vote too! voting is important!

Dressing "up" is a good suggestion. Give the process the respect it deserves and counter the lack of civility found on all sides.

I humbly suggest that you not vote though, at least not unless you have researched the choices, have made your own, and can defend it on the grounds of your principles (which you better also be able to defend). A vote effects us all. Use it wisely.

Comment

Mr. Charles Well said

Comment

I live in Harris County (so, Houston). Did drive-through voting. Way nicer to wait in line in my car that has AC and is covidiot free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
          I humbly suggest that you not vote though, at least not unless you have researched the choices, have made your own, and can defend it on the grounds of your principles (which you better also be able to defend).
          Here's all the research that's needed: for national and statewide offices, vote for candidate from the less racist party. And if you've been paying any kind of attention, you know which that is.

Please help put an end to racism.Racism is an overt part of the GOP's messaging. Choose sides accordingly.

Is that principled enough?

i'm not saying the other party is perfect or even excellent - far from it. But this is not a normal time. We have overt racism, greed and proto-fascism on one side. Stop them. Stop them.

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
          the lack of civility found on all sides.

FUCK CIVILITY. Really. We've got one side trying roll back civil rights, put children in cages, and loot the country. Fuck them all. Civility is good for, at best, status quo. Not the time. Not the time. If you're not angry, you're not paying attention. Of you're got a enough privilege that let's you stand by and call for people to act a certain way when their lives and wellbeing are at stake.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opini...b0b5e692f0c7b8

Comment

I voted last weekend and appear 9 seconds into this video, seated in warm clothes.

https://twitter.com/JuanMaBenitez/st...06342229282821

Comment

Fuck racism. Fuck calls for "civility" in the fact of it. Fuck white supremacy. Fuck the idea that, for national elections, there is any principled way to vote for a white supremacist. Unless your principles are are OK with white supremacy -or supportive of it. In which case, fuck you.

https://www.newsweek.com/martin-luth...ack-day-780387

Comment

This is a style forum not a politics forum.

Comment

Working...
                X