Waterproofing Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterproofing Spray

I just bought the new JCrew Highland Skye jacket and I'm looking for recommendations for a spray to make it more water resistant. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Scotchgard

Comment

I've only used it on nylon shell jackets but have had good luck with Nikwax TX Direct. It's specifically for hard shells (nylon waterproof breathable like the Patagonia Torrent Shell - but would work on an insulated garment with a nylon shell too I think). They have a range of products including a wash in waterproofing for cotton, and others for soft shell garments. I have no experience with those though - I've only used the TX direct and the stuff they make for shoes (the shoe stuff is also pretty good)..
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Just bought a couple bottles of Tarrago High Tech Nano Protector Spray last week for the winter application of my suede shoes...I'd like to try the Saphir spray, but not at twice the price.

Comment

Originally posted by blau19 View Post
          Just bought a couple bottles of Tarrago High Tech Nano Protector Spray last week for the winter application of my suede shoes...I'd like to try the Saphir spray, but not at twice the price.

The Tarrago stuff is great.

Comment

Working...
          X