No announcement yet.

Buying winter clothes when you live in the south

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it here in SC but keep finding myself looking at coats and jackets that I have no need for! It always sounds like a good idea to layer up with a sweater but once I get inside, I usually regret it. Making up for growing up in Indiana.

Comment

The south is great for blazers. I love my tweed blazer in the Fall/Winter.

Comment

I just moved to North Carolina. I still make trip back home to NY around the holidays, but it does get cold enough here to wear a lot of my favorite winter staples.
        42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
          I moved to Memphis from Alaska a few years back. That was rough! I love coats and sweaters. Both are a definite no go in. Memphis at least 9 months out of the year.
          I moved to Memphis this summer...any recommendations for a tailor? I went to PK Alterations on Poplar for some simpler things and I'm pretty happy, but was wondering if there are better options.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
            I moved to Memphis this summer...any recommendations for a tailor? I went to PK Alterations on Poplar for some simpler things and I'm pretty happy, but was wondering if there are better options.
            Can't really say that I do. The whole time I was there I only got pants hemmed. Small shop on Germantown Parkway in Germantown. It was okay.

Comment

Working...
            X