Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denim Work Shirt

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a denim work shirt similar to the one they are selling on Gustin right now. The only thing I really don’t like the pockets. Would prefer one without the chest pockets. Any ideas where I could get one? I like a little bit thicker material like the one below, but still be slim fit.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/shi...-101-workshirt

I think chest pockets are kind of a staple on work wear. If the Gustin is exactly what you're looking for, minus the pockets, why not get it and then have a tailor remove them? Should just be a matter of cutting the stitching.

Comment

Hugh & Crye used to make a couple of really nice denim shirts - one called the Latrobe with a button down collar and one called the Bluejacket with a spread collar. maybe? Those did have one chest pocket, but without the contrasting stitching around the pocket so it was a lot less visible. Unfortunately H&C stopped stocking that shirt a couple years back and the pandemic seems to have put them pretty much out of business, at least temporarily. I don't know if I've ever seen a denim shirt without at least one chest pocket ever in my life.

One option is one of the custom shirt makers - Ratio or Proper Cloth. I think one or both offer denim shirts and they allow you to specify pretty much all the design elements - i.e. whether you want pockets or not, what kind of collar and cuffs you want, whether you want no pleat, a center box pleat or two side pleats, etc. They will probably be more expensive than Gustin but the one shirt I ordered from Ratio (white broadcloth dress shirt) was not that much more than a nice dress shirt from Brooks Brothers - actually it might have been less expensive than a BB shirt at full price. I had to go back and forth with them a little to get the fit dialed in just right but once you have a pattern dialed in getting more shirts that fit perfectly is pretty easy.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        X