Weatherproof Daltons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherproof Daltons?

Has anyone here tried the new weatherproof AE Daltons? I just ordered a pair in chili during their Rediscover America sale, but need to wait a few weeks for my size to be available. I read the review on the main page, but overall there's so little info about these that I'm curious about any impressions you've had?

Specifically, I'm also curious about whether the mystery weatherproofing treatment has any negative effect on the leather's ability to absorb shoe creams?

I've also heard that the colors on the weatherproof variants are somewhat darker than their regular line. Has anyone found that to be the case?

Thanks in advance!

theres a review on the main site.

while cream absorption couldnt be tested (reviewed pair was sent back) the leather is unbelievably soft. Worst case test a little bit of renovateur on the outer edge of the tongue (where it would be invisible when worn if the effects are negative) when you get them.

I wouldnt say "darker" color per se, just "different than the available colors on the non-wp lineup". With it now available in chili i couldnt tell ya if its different at all. They may well have discovered they can still dye close to if not the same shade now.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
      theres a review on the main site.

while cream absorption couldnt be tested (reviewed pair was sent back) the leather is unbelievably soft. Worst case test a little bit of renovateur on the outer edge of the tongue (where it would be invisible when worn if the effects are negative) when you get them.

I wouldnt say "darker" color per se, just "different than the available colors on the non-wp lineup". With it now available in chili i couldnt tell ya if its different at all. They may well have discovered they can still dye close to if not the same shade now.
      Thanks for the response! Yeah, I saw the review on the main page (which is part of the reason I ordered them in the first place ). I'm pretty excited to hear about the leather being so soft/comfortable. My only real lasting concern is about the weatherproofing treatment making it harder to care for the leather properly over time, but fingers crossed that won't be an issue. Since these products are so new, there's sadly still so little information about them, particularly in the form of long-term reviews. Guess I'll have to wait until they've been out longer!

Also glad to hear it's not necessarily much darker. Mostly I was just trying to figure out if I should buy a different cream for it than I currently have, but I can wait on that.

Thanks again!

Comment

If the "weatherproofing" wears off the leather over time, a coat or two of neutral wax goes miles for helping shed rain.

Post pics when they get in, but most importantly....Wear em in good health!!
        https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
          If the "weatherproofing" wears off the leather over time, a coat or two of neutral wax goes miles for helping shed rain.

Post pics when they get in, but most importantly....Wear em in good health!!
          exactly! I have alteryx jackets that are waterproof etc... yes, they work for a while, but after a while, you need to re-treat them. so this whole weather proof concept is just a coat of extra protection that would eventually would wear out...

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks both for the responses. Now I just have to wait for them arrive. Been eyeing some Daltons for ~5 years, so this is beyond exciting =)

Comment

Working...
            X