Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonbobos Asphalts Chinos - dark brown shoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonbobos Asphalts Chinos - dark brown shoe?

Hi folks - my chinos just arrived and the plan was to wear with dark brown J. Crew Oar Stripe Cap Toes. The Asphalts may be a little closer to black as opposed to gray than I was expecting (obviously the word asphalt wasn't enough to clue me in ). Was wondering if this combo may still work? Not sure if these shoes work with any grays come to think of it

sure they work!

personally, when i make outfits, i plan things out so i can get a little more contrast out of the shoe/pant combo so the shoes POP a little, but i don't think that is always something you need to stick with. one of my favorite combos is some brown AE strands and a pair of grey trousers that same color. I usually wear it on monday.

as well, the pants will lighten, as grey always does. so you will have all kinds of fun things to do with them now that they are yours.

Comment

Brown can be worn with black and charcoal but its looks best in casual outfits. Think black jeans and brown suede boots. Browns with red tint like oxblood, burgundy and merlot also look good with charcoal in more formal outfits. Those shoes though lean more formal and are too light in color of brown to work with charcoal IMHO. They will look great with just about every other shade of gray though.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I'm digging the color combo, but the shoes do look too formal for chinos - almost business casual, but not quite. Guess I'll have to find another pair!

Comment

Do it! I think that combo would work fine. I just keep envisioning that picture but subbing in those shoes, and I think it works.

Comment

Yeah, classic overthinking as far as the colors - I paired the shoes with a charcoal BR Emersons which are a bit dressier and it looked nice I thought. I do think I need to add a pair of strands or something similar to my closet tho - my shoe collection is kinda lacking

Comment

Working...
            X