The new AE Park Avenue and Strand sneakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
    I'm going to wait until they're about 70 bucks and buy a pair of Tennis Strands to wear with cords, and a pair of Park Avenue Sneakers to wear when I'm working in the yard.
    I'm going to wait until they are $70 and buy a pair to play actual tennis in; Elevate my tennis game! (my tennis skills certainly are not doing it for me).

j/k

Comment

as a former Allen Edmonds heavy user, with maybe 20 odd pairs at this point, i wanted to post a picture that summed how I felt about this.

Comment

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/c...rk-ave-sneaker

Are you freakin kidding me? If anyone can justify how mixing Shell Cordovan with this shoe makes sense, I would love to hear it. I would almost rather light $500 on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Are you freakin kidding me? If anyone can justify how mixing Shell Cordovan with this shoe makes sense, I would love to hear it. I would almost rather light $500 on fire!
          You haven't worn sneakers until you've worn shell cordovan sneakers!

Comment

the link is broken, but they made park avenue shell cordovan oxfords? i kind of want that just because

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post

the link is broken, but they made park avenue shell cordovan oxfords? i kind of want that just because
              The link doesn’t work because they were part of the limited time Shell Trunk Show. Shell Park Ave’s I can get behind, but Shell Park Ave sneakers? No way!

Comment

The link doesn’t work because they were part of the limited time Shell Trunk Show. Shell Park Ave’s I can get behind, but Shell Park Ave sneakers? No way!
                i love it for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I'm in agreement with the main page on this one. I don't think there's a scenario where an informal dress shoe or minimal sneaker wouldn't be a better option. Blutchers, loafers, chukkas, desert boots, trench boots, chelseas and minimal sneakers would all look better at various levels between casual and too formal. There's just something incongruous about the calf leather oxford upper with a sneaker sole. Just my opinion though. You guys do you.
                  I agree here. there are ways to do this look and the AE sneaker isnt the one for me. Its a shoe mullet.

Comment

Working...
                  X