What are the best pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the best pants?

Forgive me for the title. I'm actually looking for something a little more specific: kinda heavyweight casual chinos. Preferably available in olive, or something else darker than khaki, but not navy or black.

I've been looking at Huckberry's Flint & Tinder 365 pants; Taylor Stitch's Chinos, Gustin's Duck Canvas Chino, but am open to other options. $100 limit probably, but I'm looking for something that looks and feels great.

(TS has a decent sale right now, but they're a 36 length, so will need hemming, which I'm reluctant to get done right now).

I haven't tried the newer, different-formula 365 pants, but the old version actually wore pretty lightweight, not heavyweight. Just FYI, because I'm not sure if it's going to be what you're looking for. They feel great, but heavyweight they are not.

Comment

I’ll second what DapperedRyan said. Although they are some of my favorite pants, the 365 pants are definitely not heavyweight. I’d put them somewhere between mid and lightweight.

When I think heavyweight I think rugged so maybe take a look at something from Carhart or Duluth Trading? They should have some options that don’t make you look like a construction worker.

Comment

Under

Comment

Scholars maintain that blue jean introduction into workforce as revolutionary for modern menswear. Jeans combine comfort fitment with durability that menwear enthusiasts desire. I find that http://RealAMericanMenJeans.com/definitelynotabot uses the finest denim and old-age manufacturing techniques to deliver the best product. Have you heard of them?

[this is a joke, please don't ban me]

Comment

Hilarious title for this thread.

No pants are better than underpants.
            WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

My favorite chinos are from Spier & McKay. They are 100 percent cotton and of a substantial, but not heavy-feeling weight. I think that Spier now also sells "stretch" chinos, too, but I haven't tried those. The Spier chinos are not made of wrinkle free fabric, so you will need to press them after laundering. Also, the come with unfinished hems, so you will need to factor in the cost of hemming in the total cost. The chinos come in slim and contemporary fits. The Spier website includes dimensions for all its products in the size guides, and be warned that the clothes are not vanity sized and you may end up in a waist size larger than you normally wear. I wear one waist size up in Spier pants compared to, um, American sizes.

My favorite non-iron chinos are Nordstrom Men's Shop branded. They are sometimes described as "Smartcare," "Non-Iron," or "Wrinkle Free" and they come in classic, straight, slim, and athletic fits. I think that they probably cost to much at regular prices, but they are often included in the various sales throughout the year. These are a bit vanity sized, and I just order my regular American size.

Spier & McKay Casual Trousers
              https://www.spierandmackay.com/colle...-chinos-khakis

Nordstrom Men's Shop Non-Iron Chinos
              https://www.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=...non-iron+chino

Comment

I have no experience with them but since you're on Huckberry the Proof Rover pant, based on their description of it, might fit the bill. Might be too casual for the office unless your office is casual. I like the F&T 365 pant (at least the original iteration - mine are a couple, maybe three, years old) - they have a nice soft brushed cotton texture which makes them seem fall-like - it's almost like cotton flannel. They're not what I would consider heavyweight though. More a standard midweight that works for most conditions.
                “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Banana Republic Rapid Movement chinos. They're heavier weight than the core temps, but still have the stretch. Come in a number of different fits and colors. And can be had for about half of your budget if you wait for sales.
                  Last edited by CK83; September 20, 2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Heavyweight chinos?

It seems you're looking more for workwear. I'd check out the high quality workwear manufacturers.

Comment

This is a long shot, but check out Jack Donnelly khakis. I have a pair, and it was a nightmare getting them (long story), but they are well made and definitely a heavy weight material. They have had other colors in the past, but I think only khaki right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X