Clark's bushacre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark's bushacre

I just have to comment. The main page of this site constantly pushes the Clark's bushacre. There's a reason they're so cheap -- the sole is basically plastic, leading the boots to feel stiff and uncomfortable. Desert boots should, imo, be soft and flexible. I feel like guys may end up purchasing a pair of bushacres off this site's recommendation as a first pair of desert boots, and then be turned off on desert boots in general, which would be a shame, as proper desert boots are about as comfortable as an ankle high item of footware can get (do they really count as boots? they're more like tall shoes to me).

The standard Clark's desert boots with the crepe soles are far more comfortable. I own one bushacre, a few Clark's desert boots.

Of course, the problem with the standard Clark's these days is that their price is getting too close to the Astorflex, which are a definite step up in quality and comfort.

Anyway, wanted to get this off my chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Listen, I get what you're saying. And I prefer the natural crepe too, but there's also a reason why Clarks keeps making the Bushacre 2. And it's not because Dappered "constantly pushes" them (lordy, from your lips to god's ears! What POWER WE COULD WIELD cha CHOOO SCHWAPA SWORD SWING WIELDING INFLUENCE YES)

They keep producing them because guys keep buying them. WHY? Some guys actually PREFER the bushacre. The natural crepe on the original desert gets super dirty, super fast (doesn't bother me, doesn't bother you), and... some have said the crepe hydroplanes too easily in wet conditions. Not quite as so for the bushacre.

So yes, your experience might be all "WTF is with the bushacre?" But it's not universal. Are you a lone wolf with this feeling? Heck no! But two things can be true. And that happens to be the case here.

I hope your chest feels lightened and less crushed under the obvious foolishness and corruptness that is dappered. We're stupid. And awful. Obviously.

I kid.

Wear those boots. Wear 'em in good health.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
      What POWER WE COULD WIELD cha CHOOO SCHWAPA SWORD SWING WIELDING INFLUENCE YES).

i love sassy Joe here. :-D

Comment

as well if you look back into the past, there have been a whole whole bunch of front page posts from the last 10 years that tout the original style shoe as being a thiing to have, and not even a menition of that bushacre. it's ultimately a newer thing he started posting about more recently.

there was plenty of love for the other crepe sole shoe back 4-10 years ago. like, hundreds of posts about it :-D

Comment

Comment

Agree with what Joe said above. I have desert boots and the soles have become dirty, but the bigger issue is the hydroplaning. I was walking on some wet cobblestone-type path once with two other people and I kept slipping but they weren't. Two weeks later I bought bushacres after doing some research. They're still in the box as I'm wearing out my desert boots a bit more.

Comment

I have the standard Bushacre lows. I love them. They withstood daily abuse basically for 8 years. Finally starting to come apart.

Comment

Apparently there's now a Bushacre 3, with a removable cushioned insole, and a more crepe-like sole material.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                  Wear those boots. Wear 'em in good health.

Frankly, I'm just happy to see Joe join us on the forums :-P In all seriousness, as a person with naturally narrow feet (thanks Dad) Clarks have been a nonstarter for me. I'd go with the crepe sole if it was an option due to the squishy-ness, but I'm sure there's an argument either way.

Comment

Originally posted by julius12 View Post
                    Agree with what Joe said above. I have desert boots and the soles have become dirty, but the bigger issue is the hydroplaning. I was walking on some wet cobblestone-type path once with two other people and I kept slipping but they weren't. Two weeks later I bought bushacres after doing some research. They're still in the box as I'm wearing out my desert boots a bit more.
                    just something to point out -- for anyone wanting suede desert boots, unless you can get a great deal on Clark's (well under $100), buy Astorflex instead. Higher quality, higher comfort, and in darker colors, they use dark colored crepe so it doesn't look dirty -- for not much more price.

Comment

Working...
                    X