No announcement yet.

Is the suit dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will still wear suits for special occasions....weddings, funerals, interviews and certain date nights with the wife. Are they required? No, not at all. I have attended a wedding (yesterday evening) and a funeral in the past year and I have seen plenty of sport coats and chinos. I received 2 compliments on my suit last night from people other than my wife. I feel that people will continue to appreciate a well fitting suit as a step above.

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

Video is optional right now--we can do appearances by audio alone, which is what I prefer.
      Ah.

While I can see what's nicer about that, I kind of like to see the judge's facial responses, as well as those of witnesses.

Comment

Since I have first hand experience with this, I honestly dont think so. Suit sales have been pretty stable throughout the pandemic on my side.

There was actually no "busy season" but suit sales are steady chugging along.

www.suitreview.net

Comment

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post

Ah.

While I can see what's nicer about that, I kind of like to see the judge's facial responses, as well as those of witnesses.
          I haven't had an appearance that was any more serious than a case management conference since before March, so that hasn't been a concern.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Heck, I might even wear pants too!
            If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a man wears a suit jacket with no pants and no one is around to see it, is it still a suit?

Comment

facelessghost so there used to be a commercial on TV where I live. The commercial was for one of three ISPs we get to 'chose' from...don't get me started on the monopolies of ISPs. Anyway.

The commercial goes on to show how this small startup managed to win this large contract. There were there people. A woman in a board room. A guy, via video conference, and a woman dialed in. At the end of eh commercial, they win the contract (of course). The guy on the video conference jumps up and starts dancing around in his hotel room.

What's he wearing? Full suit up top. Boxer shorts down below.

Pretty apt. I'd say.

Comment

Working...
              X