Allen Edmonds & (Mass)Drop unlined chukka release frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds & (Mass)Drop unlined chukka release frequency

Does anyone happen to know how frequently Drop and Allen Edmonds tend to release their unlined chukka (or if there is going to be another release at all)? I've been looking for an unlined chukka and keep hearing about this particular make everywhere.

On a related note, does anyone have any recommendations for a similar alternative?

Don't think they're doing it anymore. The most similar thing is probably Alden (albeit more expensive).
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Cobbler union has a nice pair of unlined chukkas too

Comment

These may quite fit what you're looking for, but the Astorflex Greenflex are fantastic. They actually are lined, and have the crepe rubber sole as opposed to the leather ones on AE. But, they seem more commonly available and cheaper; I got mine on sale at Huckberry for around $100.

Comment

Originally posted by neminat View Post
          Cobbler union has a nice pair of unlined chukkas too
          I thought so too, but I looked on the website and they all looked lined to me. Did I miss it? Which model?

I'm guessing if you got made to order from https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/made-to-order-boots?page=2

he could do it without the lining. Also whatever color and leather you wanted.

But it is pretty pricey, in the same range as Alden.

If you get on his mailing list, he does do sales on MTO shoes a couple of times a year--but usually only 10 to 15 percent off.
          WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post

I thought so too, but I looked on the website and they all looked lined to me. Did I miss it? Which model?

I'm guessing if you got made to order from https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/made-to-order-boots?page=2

he could do it without the lining. Also whatever color and leather you wanted.

But it is pretty pricey, in the same range as Alden.

If you get on his mailing list, he does do sales on MTO shoes a couple of times a year--but usually only 10 to 15 percent off.
            Definitely been thinking about getting a pair of Alden unlined chukkas. Their oiled leather soles are fantastic.

As for other brands, Grant Stone is scheduled to release their (lined) chukkas some time mid-next year. It's a ways off but could be something to keep in mind.

Comment

COVID significantly delayed deliveries on the suede trunk show AE did earlier this year, and with a Shell trunk show coming late september i wouldnt bet on the massdrops coming back anytime this year.
              https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Working...
              X