what pants for this sports coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what pants for this sports coat?

So I really like this sport coat but I really only wear it with dark jeans. Any suggestions for what other types/colors of pants might go with it?

It looks pretty much beige on my screen, and beige goes well with everything. Or more accurately, it's so neutral it doesn't clash with anything. That said, visual interest is created by contrast so avoid other neutrals and aim for something in a contrasting shade -- that is dark and saturated -- or contrasting colour -- blues, greens and reds. The latter suggestion depends on the hue of the beige, of course, if it's not as neutral as it appears on my screen.
    Last edited by Galcobar; August 1, 2020, 08:27 PM. Reason: Typo: avoid not about

Comment

Navy chinos or trousers would look good with it. It looks basically khaki in color so would coordinate with a lot of stuff. Olive and Navy would both look great and are neutral enough that you won't look like you're trying to make a statement. Looks like it would work with bolder colors like pastel green or lighter blue, or even maybe Nantucket red. Or yellow. Depends on how bold you want to go with your lower half - obviously navy and olive are pretty conservative and would still work great.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

If you wanted to be adventurous you could do burgundy pants. Probably in the form of corduroy for some added texture contrast between the pants and blazer. I'm not sure if I would do it, but I think it could be done.

Comment

Light grey.

Comment

With that great neutral color, you also have lots of options to spice things up if you want...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

It's fairly light-colored, and you have high contrast (light skin, dark hair), so I'd go for the same contrast with dark pants like dark olive, navy, charcoal, even black (for as long as the shoes are not darker than tan like what you're wearing to avoid the dark brown and black color clash). I wouldn't go for burgundy as I'm not a fan of reddish shades with brown/beige, and I would avoid dark brown pants too as I think an all brown look might be too old-mannish.

For the shirt, I'd go with a similar contrast with either really light or near-white, or really dark.

Comment

I will parrot what others have said. Several shades of blue from medium to navy, gray; burgundy and green if you feel like being adventurous. You could try shades of browns and tans that are lighter than the jacket as well, but I'd have to see it in person to know.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

I agree with what others have said as well. I'd also suggest very light khaki (bordering on cream/white) trousers a la Rusty at the airport in Oceans 13.

Comment

I agree with everyone's recommendations on colors. I'll just add that I think that jacket would go well with textured trousers, like a cavalry twill or corduroy.

Comment

Stone.

Comment

Working...
                      X