• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by flatbear View Post
    Saw this sale post by Joe

https://dappered.com/2020/07/steal-a...-normally-550/

Does anyone know how these fit? Do they fit similar to suit supply? I know that jcrew suits fit wonky on me for some reason

They have several different "cuts". Your best bet is to find something existing in your wardrobe that fits you really well and is comfortable to your taste, then take some measurements according to the sizing guides you can find on any product page. Find the cut and size that most closely mimics (or matches exactly in some cases) those measurements and Bob's your uncle.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Shomas Wow! There's a blast from the past. Good to see you again

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    In my experience, the Bonobos Jetsetter suit fits better than either JCrew or Suit Supply. The standard fit (or whatever it is that they call their non-slim, non-athletic fit) fits me just about perfectly around the chest and midsection right out of the box, while JCrew and Suit Supply suits need some alteration. I have three of the jetsetter suits and they are my favorites.

That said, everyone's different and what works for my specific measurement ratios may not work for yours, so take that all with the appropriate grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

• ronrob
    replied
    Originally posted by mark4 View Post
    I have no experience with anything Bonobos. J Crew suits fit me well - and much better than the SuitSupply Napoli fit, which is the only SS cut I have any experience with. Different strokes. I'm curious too if anyone else on here has any experience with how Bonobos fit compares to J Crew, SuitSupply or Spier.
    I have experience with all of these, as I own multiple suits from each. Suit Supply and Spier are similar, both quality and cut wise (Napoli/Contemporary). I give the fit edge to SuSu (slightly higher button stance looks better on me, requires less tailoring effort) and the construction edge to Spier (better shoulders, lighter lining, more consistent execution).

J Crew I'm pretty generally disappointed in. The suits are much more "American" in cut, and quality of materials is lower. In that respect Bonobos is similar - the quality of wool is lesser than Spier or SuSu, it's very matte in appearance. But fit wise in the athletic cut Bonobos is better than any other option on me. I find the liners better on Bonobos than J Crew, so J Crew for me is a distant fourth of the options.

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    I have no experience with anything Bonobos. J Crew suits fit me well - and much better than the SuitSupply Napoli fit, which is the only SS cut I have any experience with. Different strokes. I'm curious too if anyone else on here has any experience with how Bonobos fit compares to J Crew, SuitSupply or Spier.

Leave a comment:

• flatbear
    started a topic Bonobos Jetsetters Suit

Bonobos Jetsetters Suit

Saw this sale post by Joe

https://dappered.com/2020/07/steal-a...-normally-550/

Does anyone know how these fit? Do they fit similar to suit supply? I know that jcrew suits fit wonky on me for some reason
Working...
X