Mask recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by livinlapitaloca View Post
    I just bought these ones from Ledbury and I have to say they’re the most comfortable masks I’ve used yet. Triple layer and apparently made with antibacterial fabric too.

https://www.ledbury.com/collections/...ed-blue-3-pack
    What was Ledbury's shipping cost for these?

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post

What was Ledbury's shipping cost for these?
      just tested it and it was $5, that kills it for me

Comment

One of my friends turned me onto these masks from Mountain and Sackett (not a brand I was previously familiar with), but I like them a lot. I find that pleated and the elastic loops keep them in place better than some of the other ones I've tried. I have the navy chambray and the seersucker, and I just order a couple more of the chambray because I like them so much. I was using a neck gaiter (Buff) I already had for a bit, but like these a lot more.

https://mountainandsackett.com/collections/masks

Comment

I have the exact same masks and really like them. By far my best looking masks.

I also have the masks from saddlebackleather and they are pretty good.

Originally posted by Deke View Post
          I have the navy chambray and the seersucker, and I just order a couple more of the chambray because I like them so much.

Comment

Isn't 2020 some shit when your new accessory... is a face mask.

Imagine going away on some 5 month sabbatical to a remote location with no internet or TV access in January, then reemerging into the world now. That first day back would be surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
              One of my friends turned me onto these masks from Mountain and Sackett (not a brand I was previously familiar with), but I like them a lot. I find that pleated and the elastic loops keep them in place better than some of the other ones I've tried. I have the navy chambray and the seersucker, and I just order a couple more of the chambray because I like them so much. I was using a neck gaiter (Buff) I already had for a bit, but like these a lot more.

i dig the masks clearly made from bolts of cloth originally intended for clothes. i have one mask that's made from blue double layer oxford cloth. like, i guarantee the bolt of cloth it came from was originally intended to be used to make OCBDs. i wish i knew where i got it, because the cloth is so thick and nice, i'd like an OCBD made from it.

Comment

I liked the idea of having a nicer looking mask that I chose, but so far I've been disappointed. I bought the Brave Star selvedge mask early on, and it looks cool, but it fits a little small and it's only good if I don't talk--otherwise, I constantly have to pull it back over my face. Same for the Huckberry masks--they look great and fit better at first, but after one was (gentle cycle, cold water, hand dry) they shrink and fit no better than the Brave Star mask. Plus, they feel noticeably hotter.

I went to Costco the other day and didn't have a mask, so I used a disposable surgical mask that they hand out at the door and it was a revelation--light, comfortable, and stays in place, even if I'm carrying on a conversation. the pleats and adjustable nose bridge go a long way. I'm just going to buy a 50 pack of those, which costs the same or less as any of the other masks I've bought. And since I don't wear them all the time, I can probably get by with using one or two masks per week, which should be plenty. Or maybe I'll try the fancy option one more time--the Mountain and Sackett chambray mask could do the trick.

I'll save the other masks for gym theatrics (you're required to wear a mask when you enter the gym, but not while working out).

Comment

Working...
                X