Hugh & Crye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugh & Crye?

So, as we are all well aware, online bespoke clothiers has become quite an over-saturated market. I am awaiting my first F&O Hunt Club crate (I LOATHE the $120 hold they put on your account) and in the meantime, I am too stingy to bring myself to try any ledbury shirting. But the price point and pattern options at Hugh & Crye looks almost ideal. I have yet to investigate them in-depth, bu their customer service is proclaimed to be fantastic and key to the excellence of their business. So, I hope there will be minimal hoops to jump through to try on some attire.

That said, does anyone have any insight or experience? Should I have scoured the threads first before posting this?

I have two of their shirts - the Senna and the Mercx. They are fantastic. The collars are great (in terms of both the quality of the actual collar and the multitude of options), the fit is great, fabric and construction - everything is top notch. They aren't a true custom fit shirt - i.e. you don't give them your measurements and have them build a shirt for you - but they have a fit matrix with 12 cells (I think), so if you pick the right cell for your body type and size you should basically get as close to a custom-fit shirt as you can without actually having one custom made.

I live in DC so I ordered online but went into their brick and mortar location to pick them up so I could try them on before taking them home. Obviously not an option if you live elsewhere.

“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

I've posted in other threads about H&C, but I've purchased 14 of their shirts in the six months since I first came across them (and I'm planning to order a few more before the holidays, I think I may have a problem lol), and I have to agree with Mark on every point he made. Great fit (for reference I'm 5'9/145# and I always order the short/skinny), great price point (they also have a number of shirts on sale at any given time), and most of all, great customer service (every order comes with a handwritten note). I have a Ratio Clothing custom shirt whose measurements I based off of a H&C shirt, and the fit is virtually identical. Give them a shot, and good luck!

Comment

m

Comment

For further reference, I'm 5'8" and 150-155. The short/slim fits me great.

“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Resurrecting an ancient thread - anyone tried Hugh and Crye lately and have any thoughts? Debating between them or going to ratio for a custom shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
              Resurrecting an ancient thread - anyone tried Hugh and Crye lately and have any thoughts? Debating between them or going to ratio for a custom shirt.
              I talked to their customer service recently about their blazers, as they seemed to be a good deal. I would recommend contacting them, they were very informative and helpful. Probably shoot them an email with your measurements and what you're looking for. Note that they don't do custom shirts, they just have a more broad spectrum of sizes available.

If you're considering custom, Ratio gets a lot of good reviews, although I have only tried Propercloth and really love them (feel free to use my referral link ). Plenty love Luxire but I didn't have good luck with them.

Comment

Working...
              X