Best Affordable Tweed Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Affordable Tweed Blazer

Looking for a decent tweed blazer in the $100 - 150 range. Thoughts?

jcrew factory. right in your price range.

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/jackets_outerwear/sportcoats/PRDOVR~49652/49652.jsp

Might need some tailoring as indicated in one of Joe's in-person reviews. just don't get a 42, because I need it.

Comment

Sizes are limited but people have been grabbing the tailored LE blazer for ~75.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tail...231438_-1.html

Comment

I have this on the way. 20% off + FS makes it $134 + Tax.

Comment

The BR one can be had for 150 with a 40% off deal.

Comment

Why not actually go for real Harris Tweed? Its a far superior product to the stuff J.Crew and Lands End can sell below $300 and tweedmansvintage.co.uk has a collection of second hand jackets that looks pretty good. Sizes and style come and go pretty quickly.

The guys over at Andy's Fashion Forum seem to trust the site. Obviously sizing and the like will be a little more tricky since you'll be shipping from the UK, but a real Harris Tweed jacket is a phenomenal piece of clothing. I'm now wearing one my father bough 27 years ago. The J.Crew Factory or BR won't last a quarter as long.

Comment

Why not Ebay? I just picked up a Harris Tweed jacket for $40.

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

@aps2012 No offense, but I think that is pretty easy to say if a $300+ sportcoat is in your budget (or handed down to you in this case). That is a pretty stellar hand-me-down by the way. I concede that it is a superior product but I can't think of a circumstance where I personally could justify the purchase.

I'm not trying to make assumptions in regard to your personal budget/income here but I understand your point.

With care, I am sure my new jacket will last 7 yrs+.

Comment

@Leslie Chow - you make a good point. I had not considered eBay.

Comment

Yes, why not ebay????

What's your size, pogsensei? I probably have something for you.

Comment

all the jcrew factory jackets, including thompsons, why do they look like they should have 3 buttons, but missing the top one?

Comment

another option is the jcp(enney) one. not as thinly cut as the jcrew ludlow fit, but good for the price, and many can get by without tailoring.

Comment

I picked up the jcp blazer this past weekend and it's totally worth a shot if you live near a store but I wouldn't order online because the fit is all over the place. I tried on three different "mediums" and they felt like three totally different jackets. One was a bit baggy around the middle, one had shoulders that were oddly pointy, and one felt great on me. It has one functional button on the cuffs for some insane reason which may make tailoring an issue but I have little T Rex arms and so it worked out because that button hole will be hidden inside the cuff. All in all I found it, like their oxfords, to be surprisingly nice for the price. It's due back from the tailor any day now and I'm pretty excited.

Comment

$120! Woooow.

Comment

@jared I completely understand. Whether the investment in a $500 jacket is worth it or not considering immediate cash constraints, is another debate.

BUT, the reason I posted is that the blazers on the website though typically go for £80. That's because they're second hand. But the sheer quality of the fabric on a harris tweed makes it worhtwhile, and even with shipping they'll be less than some of the other options being suggested.

Looking back I probably should have mentioned that in my original posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X