Europe backpacking clothing and shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe backpacking clothing and shoes

Hi guys, I am planning to travel to Europe (Single) in next year or at the end of this year. I want to make my full backpack with shoes, clothes, and other necessary things. I have also read one good article and made my list.
    https://tripntricks.com/backpacking-europe-packing-list/
    Should I including anything else? I will also take part in hiking activities. I travel to Europe in Winter. I will visit Spain, France, and Italy.

Why is Europe single?

Comment

I did this 8-9 years ago, and have a few thoughts ....

Did most of my prep shopping at places like REI - and regretted about half of it. I felt like the only person not wearing jeans. Nowadays stretch, stain-resistant pants are more common with plain chinos, but just 8-9 years ago, these looked like I was going on a Safari every day. You mentioned hiking - sure, have a pair of non-jeans for that - but I'd pack 2 pairs of jeans + 1 pair of hiking pants. ymmv

Depending upon where you are staying, laundry is hit or miss. I stayed at some small hostels with laundry, but also found plenty that pointed you to the laundromat down the street.

the list you linked to seems solid. how are you traveling between cities? I know the idea of backpacking is everything in one bag - but make sure that bag doesn't get too big. I remember landing in London with my big-ass backpack, and got turned around between the subway station & the hostel .... not fun walking around with all that weight.

Comment

Thanks for the valuable advice. I will try to make my backpack as light as possible. I will book hostels with laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by globalknowledge16 View Post
          I will book hostels with laundry.
          What you pack really depends on what you will be doing. I always did my laundry in the sink and air dry. It depends how long you will be in one place. If I was at the same place 2 nights, I would do laundry when I first got there and it was ready to go when I was ready to leave. Then again, I never stayed in a hostel.

Get wool socks and underwear for less smell.

When I’ve been to Europe, I brought desert boots, white leather sneakers, and Reebok nano’s. We did a bunch of hiking, nothing too crazy that the nanos couldn’t handle though. Wore the db’s when transferring between locations to cut down on my pack volume.

if you bring a small duffel bag, you can use that as extra storage and string it off of your mail pack, carry crossbody, or in hand. Will be able to hold more than you think and you can put bulky light items in it so it’s easy to carry.

Specially looking at the list you linked to, I’d go with mirrorless over the DSLR

Comment

Don't forget a Corona mask.

Comment

I know a lot of backpackers use ExOfficio underwear or some other quick wash types. No experience with them my self as I only go backpack once or twice a year now. I would honestly search https://www.outsideonline.com/ they are more of a long adventure website and publication. This article specifically might be more helpful https://www.outsideonline.com/241387...s-boots-review. The five pocket pants fire hose pants from Duluth Trading company do really well going from field work to meeting, for me, and are flexible to enough for hiking and climbing.

Comment

These are some of the useful things to carry during travel. The guide is quite helpful.

Comment

leslietomb95 Ya right. It helps me a lot to decide what should I add in my Europe packing list.

Comment

Working...
                  X