Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 7inch shorts.

Hey everyone
    I need suggestions on finding new shorts. I am running into the problem that most companies are out of my size due to back orders or not restocking, dumb virus. I am only 5' 7" so usually buy 7 inch or 5 inch shorts as any longer reaches to my knees and wear a flat 30x30 everything else. I have tried J Crew a couple years ago, Target sizes are a hit or miss for me, my recent purchase of Goodthreads stretch chinos immediately rolled up a inch and that was is the second pair that had that flaw so giving up on Goodthreads. Let me know what you guys think?

Is there a reason you don't try Jcrew again? They're still operating as normal despite bankruptcy. Bonobos is another option. They're pricey but they carry shorts with a 7" inseam in multiple fits.

Comment

The Gap maybe? They're probably a lot cheaper than J Crew, who definitely still stocks 7" inseam shorts but without a discount code they run basically $70 a pop.
      “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Lands' End has some in a 6" inseam

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...23,43387,44255

Comment

Gap has 7 inch shorts available right now. Sometimes they also have 5 inch shorts. I am also 5’7 and I have these from a couple years ago. I am having trouble adding the link but they are called 7” Vintage Shorts.
          There's more at Gap.com including Petites and Tall sizes, kids slim and husky sizes, and baby bedding. You'll also find your favorite T-shirts, jeans, shirts, outerwear and accessories. Gap has everything you need for the season
          Last edited by basicbutch; June 6, 2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I know you said that you've sworn off Goodthreads, but I just got a few different pairs of these shorts. Slightly "techy" feeling, but good amount of stretch and very lightweight. They were perfect after a boat trip this past weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Goodthreads-M...1-5&th=1&psc=1

I also grabbed a couple pairs of these

https://www.amazon.com/Goodthreads-I...1ZQ&th=1&psc=1

I like both better than anything from the Gap, but haven't tried Bonobos and haven't ever had any luck from J Crew fitting me properly.

For full disclosure, I have the 9" inseam of each of the above... but I would expect the 7" to be the same. I grabbed the floral print ones for $7, because maybe the next hawaiin themed party I'll wear those instead of a loud shirt.

Comment

No mention of BR Core temp shorts? They were OOS for a while but seem to sprout back up in stock once in a while:
              https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content

I just picked up the green and dark grey. I previously bought 9 inch ones but then swapped them for the 7in instead.

Comment

You know I never think of J Crew any more. Looking at the cost why not spend a few more dollars and get Bonobos I will definitely look into Gap, and Lands' End. The Good thread shorts I was having problems with was the Goodthreads Men's 7" Inseam Flat-Front Stretch Chino Shorthttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Both the 5inch and the 7inch rolled up about a inch, so I would recommend people stay away from them.

Comment

Definitely a more upmarket option but via Huckberry, you can get 7" inseam Flint and Tinder 365 shorts. I have not tried those but the have 2 pair of 365 pants and they are very nice. They have lots of other shorts from various brands they warehouse under their website and I'm sure some others are in the 6"-7" inseam range. They will all be more spendy than the Gap but less than what J Crew is selling their shorts for at full retail...which is IMO part of the problem J Crew is having.

You can get a better garment via Huckberry that is also cheaper than J Crew full retail...granted the J Crew stuff will eventually go on sale (but then Huckberry stuff goes on sale too). What I find myself doing more and more is looking at something on Huckberry and seeing a similar thing at J Crew for just as much, but the Huckberry thing is either slightly more stylish or made in the USA, or has some other details that make it better at full retail so I pull the trigger on that before the same thing on J Crew is on discount, and at that point it doesn't matter how cheap the J Crew thing gets because I already have one. Or, the Huckberry thing goes on sale about the same time as the J Crew discount code appears and the prices remain comparable. It doesn't work for more formal wear stuff like sport coats and suits or even dress shirts because Huckberry doesn't do anything but casual stuff, but I'm pretty well set on suits and sportcoats anyway.
                  “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Go look at J crew again. I buy almost all my shorts there because they offer so many inseam options for the same styles. You dont have to pick between the style you like and hte cut you like because almost all styles come in multiple cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      Bonobos is another option. They're pricey but they carry shorts with a 7" inseam in multiple fits.
                      Yes. A recent Dappered post pointed to a Nordstrom sale on Bonobos shorts; I just ordered a couple of pairs of flat-front chino shorts, 7" inseam, 31" waist.

Comment

Working...
                      X