Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perseus
    replied
    The Mrs. and I use layers: Sheet, blanket, light comforter, down comforter folded nicely as the foot board.

Leave a comment:

• 77Pat
    replied
    I have a lightweight comforter that I switch to (although dry clean only) https://www.thecompanystore.com/luxu...nket/KO57.html
    I need some weight, can't do just linen/cotton quilt.
    They do offer down a machine washable version https://www.thecompanystore.com/whit...nket/KN99.html

Leave a comment:

• abh159
    replied
    Linen is typically for warmer weather as it is an extremely breathable fabric. Although if you’re putting it inside a cotton duvet cover then you’re sort of cancelling out the purpose of the linen material.

My suggestion would be to either get a 100% cotton comforter or a “thicker” cotton quilt. Both should keep you warm enough without making you hot, and both will breathe better than your poly blended one. Also, I’d skip the duvet cover. All it is doing is adding yet another few layers to whatever you’re using.

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    replied
    Thanks for the recs. Would a linen comforter be somewhat warm or is it for more summery nights? Put inside a duvet cover that would be three layers of fabric, which should trap a fair amount of heat. In summer I generally just use a bed sheet so I'm looking for something that will be warm enough when evening temps are in the mid to upper 40s up to maybe the mid 50s (Fahrenheit of course).

Leave a comment:

• jvargas
    replied
    I had to buy a need now blanket the other day target. I went with the Threshold Egyptian cotton blanket and it works great. Threshold also has linen comforters.

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    I have the pottery barn linen comforter and it does fine in the Houston heat

Leave a comment:

• mark4
    started a topic Transition season comforter

Transition season comforter

Hi All, this is sort of, kind of a Dappered Space question. I live in the DC area and have a down comforter, plus one that I bought cheap on Amazon when I was hosting family for Thanksgiving which was affordably and synthetic fill. The down one is LL Bean's least warm down comforter, and once when washing it one of the panels got torn (caught on the dryer door latch) and lost all its feathers, but is still pretty much too warm for anything other than deep winter here in the MId Atlantic - late December to the end of February roughly.

I thought the poly fill one would be great for fall and spring into near-summer under the assumption that it would be less warm than the down one. It hasn't really worked out that way...it's still too warm for what I would call transition/shoulder seasons here. I have a Pendleton Wool blanket that we use for those seasons but it is dry clean only and hence not ideal and also not quite warm enough some nights. In the summer here it is so hot and humid that a comforter is pointless but in the spring and fall something with some warmth is necessary but a full on winter comforter is overkill. Has anyone tried a warmer weather comforter? Do they even make such a thing? Something machine washable that is warm enough on a cool evening, but not so warm that it induces sheet drenching perspiration in slightly cool weather? We're going into summer now so the point is moot for the next 3-4 months but come October such an item might start to come in handy. Anyone have any recs?
    Last edited by mark4; June 2, 2020, 12:38 PM.
Working...
X