Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button-Down Collar Polos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Button-Down Collar Polos

    Who makes these nowadays?

    My favorite polo ever is from Uniqlo circa 2015 or so. I haven’t been able to find anything similar recently, but desperately need new polos.

    #2
    In a tech fabric, Ogio makes some nice ones. I've been wearing one particular polo regularly for at least three years.

    Comment


      #3
      Spier and Mackay has button down polos at a great price too.

      Comment


        #4
        I have a few of the ones you’re talking about from Uniqlo. Last time I looked (which was probably a few weeks ago) Uniqlo was still selling them.

        Comment


          #5
          The collar on the S&M button down polo is fantastic. The fitting is a bit boxier this year, and on the shorter side. So depending on your body type, they may or may not work. Check measurements on S&M website.
          I have a Uniqlo button down polo from a few years ago, that collar is not even close to those from S&M.

          Comment


            #6
            I got one of those Uniqlo ones 3-4 years ago and it was my favorite shirt. Their new ones have some different fabric like a dress shirt collar. I have thought about S&M but haven’t tried yet. I like short but definitely not boxy fits. Maybe I’ll check out ogio.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by carlitos View Post
              I got one of those Uniqlo ones 3-4 years ago and it was my favorite shirt. Their new ones have some different fabric like a dress shirt collar. I have thought about S&M but haven’t tried yet. I like short but definitely not boxy fits. Maybe I’ll check out ogio.
              S&M's version of "boxy" means slim fit instead of extra slim fit. S&M's letter sizing is substantially smaller for a given size than your average mall brand (JCrew, BR, Gap, etc).

              Comment


                #8
                I have this CT polo with the hidded button-down collar in a couple of colors. They are on the dressy end of things, which is what I prefer. I personally can't stand that ribbed, single-ply collar you get on 90% of polos. These collars look great and stay down without having to see the buttons. The mercerized thread is great too - richer color and great feel.

                The fit is good, but not too slim. I sized down to good effect as I need a slim fit.

                https://www.ctshirts.com/us/smart-je...archtype=range

                Comment


                  #9
                  I recently bought the new version of S&M polo and received it yesterday. It is certainly shorter, but also roomier. I am 5'7", 70Kg and I found their S from the previous year, too tight, ended up buying the M and machine drying it few times to fit me right. This time around I bought the S and it's roomy enough for me. Being 5'7" the shorter length wasn't a problem. However, I'd have preferred it shaped a bit better as I did find it a bit boxy on me (not too bad though). As their description says, its also feels a lot smoother.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by TheManJournals View Post
                    I recently bought the new version of S&M polo and received it yesterday. It is certainly shorter, but also roomier. I am 5'7", 70Kg and I found their S from the previous year, too tight, ended up buying the M and machine drying it few times to fit me right. This time around I bought the S and it's roomy enough for me. Being 5'7" the shorter length wasn't a problem. However, I'd have preferred it shaped a bit better as I did find it a bit boxy on me (not too bad though). As their description says, its also feels a lot smoother.
                    Does anyone know why they decided to change their fits so drastically this season? I had actually planned on restocking my polo supply this year exclusively through S&M because I love everything they put out. However, after seeing this season's new size chart I had to shop somewhere else. I did a comparison and found out I'd have to order an XL in the S&M polo to match the length of my existing polos from other brands that are a size medium.

                    For reference, I'm 6 ft and weigh 165 lbs so I feel like I have a somewhat average body type. It just seems so strange to me that a company who normally nails it when it comes to sizing would do a full 180 this season on thier polo shirts.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have to say i love the chest on the new polos but they are a little short

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by neminat View Post
                        I have to say i love the chest on the new polos but they are a little short
                        Yes the chest is good, but it would have been good if they tapered it as it went down.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I picked up some the newer Uniqlo's last season and I'm happy with them. The Spier & Mackay's I bought a year or two ago were very thick and had a lot of loose threads. I was not impressed.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by neminat View Post
                            I have to say i love the chest disney hub on the new polos but they are a little short
                            Yup. I couldn't agree more with this.
                            Last edited by jrjong; July 5, 2020, 01:18 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X