What color tie with a Deep purple Gingham shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color tie with a Deep purple Gingham shirt

I was looking at a few ties on the tie bar. But wanted to get opionions that would go with a deep purple gingham shirt. The pattern is a medium, slightly bigger medium square.

thanks!

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Woven. Dots. Stripes. Wool

Endless possibilities, but these are just a couple I like.

Comment

something solid color and dark. a dark charcoal/silver or a dark purple. I am actually wearing something similar, purple mini checks and an eggplant "grenafaux" tie from TieBar with a purple merino wool v-neck from BR. very nice!

Comment

I like all the suggestions above, and I will add that a Navy/Midnight blue base also looks good.

Also, you don't say what kind of shirt it is. I would recommend a very different tie if it was a casual button-down as opposed to a dress shirt.

Comment

I happen to be wearing the same shirt today. I'm also wearing a grey wool tie with a herringbone pattern.

Comment

It is a regular point collar, not a dress shirt. I was trying to figure out what colors go best, and then buying a new tie.

-Maximus

Comment

@Jared I really like the Dots tie.

-Maximus

Comment

I want to wear a purple gingham to a wedding this weekend and I am considering a black knit with dots or horizontal stripes... either one. I also think, given the season, that a solid, dark gray wool would look awesome.

Comment

@Eyerman I'm wearing that tie today in "Serene Blue". The eggplant should go great with a more saturated purple (which I'm assuming you're shirt to be).

Color is one thing but pattern mixing is certainly another more difficult undertaking. The dots and the separation between them sound like they will compliment the gingham pattern you described. More interesting than a solid.

Comment

@Jack, I've done that a few times, good combo.

Comment

Working...
                    X