Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Randolph Penny Loafers Sizing

All:

I am considering pulling the trigger on the AE Randolphs but I want some feedback on sizing since I don't anticipate being able to get sized at a store anytime soon. I am a 10.5D on the brannock and most of my other AE shoes are in that size, however, I've experienced variations on some models. For reference:

St. John Double Monks (1943 lasts) - 10.5D
    Carlyle Oxfords (108 lasts) - 10.5D
    Dalton Dress Boots (511 lasts) - 10.5D
    Liverpool Chelsea Boots (943B lasts) - 11D
    Acheson Tassel Loafers (2042 lasts) - 10E (this shoe was actually a sizing disaster so I ultimately had to place an insert to get a proper fit, yet it still has some slight heel slippage)

I'm leaning towards the 10D in the Randolph since loafers tend to be slightly long and based on admittedly mixed reviews online. Does anyone else have experience with sizing on this model?

I think you are spot on with a 10D.

I own the Carlyle in 9D, the Acheson in 8.5 D (though I had to use a stretcher in the the toe to keep it from rubbing my pinky toes) and the Randolph in 8.5D. they fit similar to the Acheson with more toe and heel room.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

I own the Carlyle in 9D, the Acheson in 8.5 D (though I had to use a stretcher in the the toe to keep it from rubbing my pinky toes) and the Randolph in 8.5D. they fit similar to the Acheson with more toe and heel room.
      Thanks. I'm happy to see I'm not alone in sizing issues on the Acheson! I bought them two years ago soon after they were discontinued so they were available online but not available in any local stores so I ended up having to do at least two exchanges to find a passable fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Good call on the advice here. The shoes arrived today and I think your description was accurate. It feels snug at the vamp but there's also slight heel slippage. Had I gone with my regular 10.5D, the vamp would have been less snug but there would be far too much room in the heel. I think your comparison to the Acheson is right on. I might consider a heel grip to help correct the heel slippage.

Comment

Working...
        X