Cronmok Defects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cronmok Defects

So I bit and bought a pair of cronmoks. Realize opinion is mixed, but I just received them today and I'm not sure of what I received.

In one area there is a trip where the leather is noticable thinner on both sight and feel. Other areas look like a kid has taken black shoe polish to. I realize this is "distressed leather" but I was a little shocked to see how bad it was.

The other issue is one of the soles has a small nick in it which has me worried they may be seconds. I can post some pictures when I get home, but for those who have them or know more about this sort of thing than I, any ideas?

Dress for style, live for results.

Pics?

Comment

YES. I got a pair of Cronmoks with THE SAME PROBLEM (eg, weird strip of dye on the shoe).

I shipped them back and got a full refund. I think I'll be buying the shoes in store from now on, since "sight unseen" is not doing me any favors.

Comment

Yeah looks very similar. Sending them back to customer service. I really like the boots but don't want to have to continue dealing with this...

Comment

I don't know about you, but I found it funny to get damaged shoes as part of their "Made in America" sale.

"Made in America? Yeah, I could tell."

Comment

The Cronmok is a part of the "rough collection". They're *supposed* to look like that. Slightly beat up. I own a pair of Lubbocks and a pair of Neumoks and they have similar characteristics.

If you don't want that look, you should probably be looking at daltons instead of cronmoks (the rough collection shoes are all based on traditional models, so finding a counterpart is easy).

The nick on the welt is present on every pair of AEs I have ever owned or seen, regardless of model. It's wear the welt ends. I've seen something similar on every pair of goodyear welted shoes I've ever worn. The other shoe most likely also has this nick and it's just not as pronounced.

Comment

I get that it's part of the rough collection, but to me this is above and beyond what I expected. And the nick I mentioned isn't on the welt, it's on the sole of the shoe. I'm pretty sure these are seconds.

Comment

@kbrown: They don't show up in the "rough" collection:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/cati2_Shoes_1_40000000001_-1_______130260_subcategory

I might be looking in the wrong place. But if this means those gorgeous gray Long Branch shoes are part of the Rough, "Make you second guess the quality of shoe you're buying"...

Comment

I dunno about their website, but the cronmok was advertised as part of the rough collection, like the neumok it's based on.

The line between firsts and seconds for the rough collection is hard to draw. I suspect that the whole idea came from someone trying to find a way to sell seconds at full price.

Comment

I own some brown cronmoks. They're supposed to look "jacked up". Heck, those tan ones linked above could use more of it. The only beef I had with mine is that I had to air them out for a week to allow the "new shoe smell" on them to dissipate. It was on the excessive side, probably from whatever process distresses them.

Comment

I like that new shoe smell. That's my favorite part when I feta new pair of AEs.

Comment

Working...
                      X