Matching suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching suggestions

going to a symphony concert this weekend. want to dress it up a bit, but not all the way up. want to wear a suit jacket (business suit, solid charcoal), but not the pants (not tailored yet). want to hear suggestions on what to pair with. i have a pair of dark slim jeans, chinos in light navy, khaki and stone (or beige?). shoe options are chocolate suede wingtip and dark brown wingtip (mahogany), and black leather slip-ons. going tieless, but what shirt? i have white, light blue, light pink and some patterned ones. thanks a lot!

When I think suit jacket, jeans, and dress shoes, I honestly don't think well-dressed... I kind of think 'well-intentioned but misinformed dad." Unless there's something terribly wrong with the suit pants, I'd wear them with the dark brown wingtips (unless the slipons are a nice shape).

Shirt - white or light blue. You could go for a white tattersall if you have one.

It's the symphony, it's an excuse to dress up

Comment

Does "not tailored" mean it's an inch or two long or is it totally un-hemmed? Many tailors can do a quick turn-around on something simply like that. Don't give up on the suit pants yet.

Comment

thanks. the pants are hemmed at the right length, but the waist at least one size too big. when i bought it, the right waist size is too short on the legs, and i had to go one size up, so the waist and seat had to be taken it.

i agree a suit jacked alone dressed down can be a little awkward. i wish i had a tweed blazer that does not have the formal suit look and can go with chinos or jeans.

i also have a tailored grey wool suit i can wear, but i wore it in september to a wedding, and part of the concert group i am going also went to the wedding, some of them gave nice comments on my look that day, so they should recognize the same suit. i very rarely wear suit, so they would have seen me only twice in suits, and the same one, would that be a problem or am i being paranoid?

Comment

Working...
        X