Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicious49
    replied
    I'll have to ask if there's a mailing list They can add me to.

Leave a comment:

• skippapotamus
    replied
    they probably won't return my mail anytime soon - good to know on a mailing list -- and it doesn't feel like this is that great a sale (and there's still the chance I get mangled crap). But neumoks are in play and that has my interest. Maybe they'll come correct and respond eventually, and then I can keep on my path toward spending too much on shoes.

Leave a comment:

• charliebrown2
    replied
    maybe it's YMMV with the buy 2 return 1 deal...

I asked shoebank directly and they said returning 1 to them is no problem, but I'd get charged full price on the one I'm keeping.

The other option of returning 1 to store - my previous experience with a local AE (Sutter st. in San Francisco) was that they wanted nothing to do "seconds". Even going as far to say that shoebank is a completely separate entity from the AE retail store and that they can't (won't) process anything. Others have reported success with returning seconds at AE retail stores, so I'm chalking my experience up to the associates at my local store being lazy/having poor customer service.

Leave a comment:

• Fooz
    replied
    shad0w4life- yes I did thanks

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied
    The sale runs through the 21st.

You can absolutely buy 2 pairs and return one to the local store (I did afte the 2 x $200 sale earlier this year).

As for hedging your bets, you certainly can order two of the same size. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't gotten any with defects noticeable enough for me to want to take it back. But I know others have had issues. I think they tend to send the better ones when there is stock. If there are only 1 or 2 pairs left, then it might be dicier and you might want to ask them to inspect the shoe first.

Leave a comment:

• tteason
    replied
    How long is this sale slated to go for? And what would your strategy be for buying 2 pair and returning 1. I want a pair of versatile walnut browns. Probably either the Fifth Avenues or Strands. Should I order a pair of each and decide which looks best or two of the same type and hedge against nicks and tears?

Leave a comment:

• jputman08
    replied
    Originally posted by printyra View Post
    Apparently the Shoe Bank has an mailing list to get on. I have been requesting for several weeks now to be put on that list. It appears to be a difficult task for them because it has yet to happen. They even acknowledge my emails but still unable to accomplish this simple task.
    You're doing better than me. They have not even acknowledged my emails.

Leave a comment:

• printyra
    replied
    Apparently the Shoe Bank has an mailing list to get on. I have been requesting for several weeks now to be put on that list. It appears to be a difficult task for them because it has yet to happen. They even acknowledge my emails but still unable to accomplish this simple task.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Fifth ave is ALMOST park ave, just the brouging over the "stitching" of the captop, it's not patterend like the strand...google would explain better.

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    replied

They aren't by any chance doing black Park Aves are they? If not I have an excuse not to spend money on something I don't need.

Leave a comment:

• cm
    replied

I emailed them a few weeks back and never got a response. Emailed again this morning and they responded in less than a half hour. Seems to be kind of hit or miss.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

The shoebank has been responding to me pretty quickly. Luckily I know my sizes in their 5-65 last or whatever it is since that's what the strands and park aves use. I just ordered a BB Strand in Brown in a 9C and Neumoks in blue in a 9B. Hope they look nice in person and don't have any obvious defects/blemishes.

Leave a comment:

• Mike W
    replied

Redford, I also emailed them, having recieved no response, I gave Adam a call at the Milwaukee location, he shot me an email within 20 minutes. Call them, I have no clue whether the shoe bank is just overloaded or what.

Leave a comment:

• jeff4
    replied

@Alan - AGREED!

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

This thread needs to die so I can quit being tempted by it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X