Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicious49
    replied

BJ - I was going to order a pair but after hearing that they won't recraft the BB shoes, I'm having second thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Redford, that's nice to know! Doesn't really make sense, I'm buying the shoes from Allen Edmonds directly. Ah well when it comes time I will rip them a new one, I have a bit of rage built up from the last snotty phone call they gave me.

Leave a comment:

• bj
    replied

Still haven't found anyone to half it with me. If you're interested, let me know at bj [at] mcgvr [dot] com

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    replied

A word of warning: AE will not resole the Brooks Brother line of shoes. You can search on Google to find out more about that.

I'm still interested in them anyway, I can't imagine the BB line is any different than the regular AE line to resole, AE just doesn't do it for business reasons.

Leave a comment:

• kwannie
    replied

Can anyone post a link or a picture of the email ad they received for this 2 for $300 deal? I'm signed up for Allen Edmonds emails and the AE Shoe Bank email list as well, but I haven't received any emails about a deal from either. I'd really like to get in on this deal. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

Well, right now I'm looking at about $50-60k of debt at the end of my medical school education (and I'm actually pretty fortunate that it's only that much)! But when it comes to shoes like AE, I know that they'll last me until I make it into residency/practice as long as I take care of them, so they were worth the investment now.

Leave a comment:

• aqwayne93
    replied

@ LosRockets

"I'll be working in hospitals/clinics" Your rich! haha thanks for the advice, decisions decisions...

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

I've got about 10 pairs of shoes right now...this will be 12, but I have a feeling I will sell a pair of loake chukkas and my AE cortlands(god I hate plain brown round cap toes).

The only reason I'm buying is because everyone raves about their walnut strands and I love my walnut players, and I only have 1 pair of black cap toe, slight chisle, and this deal won't come around again most likely. Plus they were in 11C! That's a sign right there to order

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

@aqwayne93 - no, the prices don't come close to this.

I felt the same way about not spending $$$ on shoes I won't wear right now. Then in the span of about 7 months I bought AE Park Avenues, Fifth Avenues, Players, and Malvern boots. I make excuses to wear them. Also, this is a great value. If I hadn't just bought the Fifth Avenues a month ago for $200 on Amazon I would be on this for Fifth + Strands! The rubber soles are just an added bonus since I'll be working in hospitals/clinics.

Leave a comment:

• aqwayne93
    replied

To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) rubber also lets you be more ninja. I have really cheap dress shoes now and whenever I go into the kitchen at work (tiled floor) I turn into a girl with high heels clacking everywhere.

On a side note, when Nordstrom's have their sale at the end of the year, do prices come close to this? I really should not be blowing $$$ on shoes I will not wear too often right now haha

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

They have brown BB strands in my size. Hmmm . . .

BJ - Did you find anyone to go halfsies with you yet? It'd be even better if you were in the DC metro area so we could save on that shipping.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

They are good year welted still just with a bit of rubber, use link below and look at the sole image. IMO it's better because it's leather+rubber so it's more traction...man do I hate sliding :P

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Allen-...K&contentpos=3

Leave a comment:

• nftmlk
    replied

Are the rubber soles better than the leather? What do you guys think the pros and cons are of each option?

Leave a comment:

• jeff4
    replied

If I didn't own walnut strands, I would absolutely be pulling the trigger on this sale.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

Strands and Fifth Aves for $150....not likely to happen in a long time.

I think the rubber overlay is an added bonus myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X