X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glen_delossantos
    replied

Sweet! Looking forward to the review.

From the pictures, you can definitely tell the Saddleback from the Copper River bag, but I don't think you can tell the Copper River is 1/5th of the price.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisW
    replied

I'll be really excited to hear about that when you get it. I've been thinking about a black one for a while. I saw a guy with one on the subway once, and it looked great.

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Yes, I ordered the 15" Journeyman in brown. I didn't get the extra brown leather strap; I've been over my clothing budget for the last couple months.

I will post my review in a new thread unless someone creates a thread for Copper River bags first. Delivery takes 21 business days, so it will be some time until I can put something together.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Did anyone get a Copper River bag? Interested in hearing a review

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

@Greg I really only started looking earlier this year. I was at a Fossil outlet and the prices and quality were good, so I went for it.

@osiriuso I think we all have that problem

Leave a comment:

• osiriuso
    replied

Yeah... I think I found that Copper River bag on a website similar to Dappered.

I think I might bite the bullet an order the 15" Voyager bag with all leather strap. I'm hesitating only because I want to go to an outlet and check out what Fossil has to offer, haha.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I have a shopping obsession.

Leave a comment:

• glen_delossantos
    replied

@Jason, have you always liked Fossil? I noticed in the past year or so they've really stepped up their game in the looks/quality department. My canvas city bag looks way more bulletproof than their previous offerings from a few years ago. I just hate that they are like American Eagle where they have to plaster their logo EVERYWHERE.

Whoever recommended that Cooper River bag... you got my heart racing. That is going up close to the top of my wish list. 100 year warranty? Made in USA? Why have I not heard of it before?

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

@aks That Fossil bag is great looking. One of the better ones I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

@aks See if there's a Fossil Outlet in your area. You probably won't find bags from the current collection, but there'll be something like that from last year at a much lower cost.

Leave a comment:

• aks
    replied

Time for a little more background - I live in the North-West and generally bike to work everyday so something that can take a light beating would be great(and preferably fall in the 150-200$ range). It doesn't have to last forever.

@Cannon - The Belstaff is way out of my range. If I was looking for a canvas then I'd rather buy something cheaper like the LEC 1963 Messenger bag - http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MessengerBag~212084_-1.html

The Fossil bags look great. This one especially - http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men...-mbg1284p.html (Combat E/W Messenger)

Not entirely sure about the Copper River bags. The Journeyman looks interesting but it almost feels like there's too much going on.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

One of the many options from Duluth Pack. I always recommend them. Made in the USA, lifetime guarantee. They have many nice looking canvas ones as well. This all leather one is a bit pricier at $220.

duluthpack.com/business/briefcases-bags/messenger-shoulder-bags/leather-book-bag.html

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

Damn the copper river is too legit. Might have to add that to the Christmas list. It is sexy. It made me not even think about the saddleback. 100 yr warranty GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelW
    replied

Looking forward to it. $100 for a good looking bag and 100 yr warranty? Could be a winner.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Sounds good! I always use a 17" macbook pro, so I'll probably need the biggest one, I suppose. Looking forward to the review

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

According to customer support, the sizing of the Copper River laptop bags (only the 14" has internal dimensions online):

14" Laptop Bag: 10" x 14" x 5"

15" Laptop Bag: 10.5" x 15.5" x 5"

16" Laptop Bag: 11" x 16.5" x 5"

I will probably get the brown 15" Journeyman; on the fence about adding the all-leather strap (comes with a nylon). I will post here once I receive it with a full review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X