Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds "Times Square" Patent Leather

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6209_1_40000000001_-1

What event is formal enough to require a tux, but informal enough that a shoe like that would be acceptable?

(serious question, although I'm sure a lot will hate those shoes)

No event in particular, it's a "fashion" shoe like most of these AE WebGems. I wouldn't wear it myself, but I guess there is a market for shoes like this (though I wouldn't think it's the typical AE buyer...)

Comment

Reminds me of a halloween skeleton costume.

Comment

If the white is too skeletony, there is a red version and a blue version...

Comment

Alan, that's a great description.

Allen Edmonds has been designing some strange shoes lately. I'm not sure what audience the Times Square shoes are intended to appeal to.

Comment

does the last prada one have sneaker laces? ewww

Comment

I kind of want these for my upcoming wedding. Also, there is an Art Deco style supper club across the street from where I live that I could see as a good venue for them.

Comment

Fred G. Unn, you probably know this, but the Church's brand is owned by Prada.

Comment

Maybe people can pick them up when they go on clearance and just dye the stitching... If they really want patent wingtips.

Comment

Yeah bruschetta, I did. Over on SF I've seen some posters rave about pre-Prada Church's but I've never seen any. Some of the Church's models like the Consul and the Chetwynd are classics but hell if I know what they are doing with some of the newer designs. Especially at those prices.

(PSA - you can find Church's at Bluefly, just wait for an additional coupon code for shoes. Mr Porter also carries them and you can get lucky when they have their 70% off sale. I got a pair of Church's taupe suede wingtips last year, $560 retail I paid $168.)

Comment

Working...
                    X