Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKM3
    replied
    I don't like the new font or the absence of the triangle, but the addition of the printed seconds and 24-hr hours is a nice touch. The original face can feel a little desolate. Of course, it's a little weird to have the seconds around the face when the seconds are kept on a totally different dial.

Leave a comment:

• LittleNelly
    replied
    I'm actually glad they cancelled the order, I really didn't need another watch and maybe now I'll save up for that Christopher Ward watch Joe had as a giveaway last week.. or maybe hope for Joe to give another one away

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Large wrists (and previous large maratac sale) for the win!

Sucks that they're doing that though. Glad I got the large that has the big triangle for 12 and the small seconds dial; I much prefer that design to the modified ones on their site now. Can't tell you how many compliments I've received on it.

EDIT: BenR, nice looking watch!

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Bought myself a Frederique Constant quartz chrono for Christmas since I've been 99% successful at not buying anything for the past several months.

As for the Maratac: I just read this on WUS:

"I literally was hitting f5 on 2 laptops, and purchased within seconds of it appearing on the site and I recieved the refund this morning."

Seems settled - looks like no one is getting the new Mid-Size.

Leave a comment:

• jeff4
    replied
    @BenR - new FC?

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    It doesn't sound as though anyone on Watchuseek is actually receiving their watch. Some who have been cancelled claim to have ordered minutes after the sale went live.

Sounds like NO ONE is getting a Maratac Mid-Size from this batch.

"Check back February." Lol, yeah right.

I briefly considered buying myself one of these watches as a Christmas self-gift before I settled on my new FC. Between the unwelcome design change and the bait-and-switch non-sale, I'm pretty glad I made the decision I did.

It will be interesting to see if Countycomm offers a more complete explanation at some point.

Leave a comment:

• IronRinn
    replied
    Checked over at WatchUSeek. Seems a lot of people have received refunds, including many who appear to have ordered shortly after they went on sale.

Leave a comment:

• IronRinn
    replied
    Well, it seems that, in the end, it didn't really matter as County Comm refunded my money at 3AM this morning.

"Due to a low allocation of watches from a Gov. contract our supply was lower than expected and we have to refund your order. The shortage only applies to Mid Size Pilot Watches."

This was a few days after sending me information that the watch was shipping. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• thepenguin99
    replied
    There is still something to be said for the automatic movement and sapphire crystal face but they did lose a lot of what makes that watch special by removing the second dial.

Leave a comment:

• IronRinn
    replied
    Figures. Maybe I can find someone who will trade their old mid for a new one.

Not likely. Watch kind of just looks like a Weekender now. An expensive Weekender. Perhaps I should just try to cancel it.

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied
    Keep in mind there's a 15% restocking fee.

Leave a comment:

• IronRinn
    replied
    I had been waiting to get a mid for a while now. Kept refreshing the old page waiting for it to go on sale and finally emailed them. They sent me a link and I put the order through without really paying attention. Pretty fucking bummed that they got rid of the small second hand dial. Will wait until I get it, but I may just end up returning it. Turned a nice watch into a boring one.

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the new version of the mid-size. The small seconds really made the dial design on the original. This new version is a bit of a snooze. Good thing I'm not in the market.
    I have to say that I love the loss of the giant triangle for 12. But yeah - the small seconds were great. I was looking forward to that.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the new version of the mid-size. The small seconds really made the dial design on the original. This new version is a bit of a snooze. Good thing I'm not in the market.

Leave a comment:

• pensotroppo
    replied
    It's baaaacckkk...in both sizes:

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotlarge2013.html
    http://www.countycomm.com/midpilotcentral.html

I do *not* like the new look of the medium. I'm a little disappointed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X