Maratac Large Pilot Watches Available Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maratac Large Pilot Watches Available Now

Just checked the website countycomm.com and they are in stock and available for purchase right now. This is the same watch that is rarely in stock and highly sought after.

Nice! Just make sure you note the size. It's a beast! I have the mid and it looks great.

Comment

It is a beast. I have the large watch version and it takes some... determination to wear it, but it is my daily driver.

Comment

It's baaaacckkk...in both sizes:

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotlarge2013.html
        http://www.countycomm.com/midpilotcentral.html

I do *not* like the new look of the medium. I'm a little disappointed.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the new version of the mid-size. The small seconds really made the dial design on the original. This new version is a bit of a snooze. Good thing I'm not in the market.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the new version of the mid-size. The small seconds really made the dial design on the original. This new version is a bit of a snooze. Good thing I'm not in the market.
            I have to say that I love the loss of the giant triangle for 12. But yeah - the small seconds were great. I was looking forward to that.

Comment

I had been waiting to get a mid for a while now. Kept refreshing the old page waiting for it to go on sale and finally emailed them. They sent me a link and I put the order through without really paying attention. Pretty fucking bummed that they got rid of the small second hand dial. Will wait until I get it, but I may just end up returning it. Turned a nice watch into a boring one.

Comment

Keep in mind there's a 15% restocking fee.

Comment

Figures. Maybe I can find someone who will trade their old mid for a new one.

Not likely. Watch kind of just looks like a Weekender now. An expensive Weekender. Perhaps I should just try to cancel it.

Comment

There is still something to be said for the automatic movement and sapphire crystal face but they did lose a lot of what makes that watch special by removing the second dial.

Comment

Well, it seems that, in the end, it didn't really matter as County Comm refunded my money at 3AM this morning.

"Due to a low allocation of watches from a Gov. contract our supply was lower than expected and we have to refund your order. The shortage only applies to Mid Size Pilot Watches."

This was a few days after sending me information that the watch was shipping. Oh well.

Comment

Checked over at WatchUSeek. Seems a lot of people have received refunds, including many who appear to have ordered shortly after they went on sale.

Comment

It doesn't sound as though anyone on Watchuseek is actually receiving their watch. Some who have been cancelled claim to have ordered minutes after the sale went live.

Sounds like NO ONE is getting a Maratac Mid-Size from this batch.

"Check back February." Lol, yeah right.

I briefly considered buying myself one of these watches as a Christmas self-gift before I settled on my new FC. Between the unwelcome design change and the bait-and-switch non-sale, I'm pretty glad I made the decision I did.

It will be interesting to see if Countycomm offers a more complete explanation at some point.
                          Ben

Comment

@BenR - new FC?

Comment

Bought myself a Frederique Constant quartz chrono for Christmas since I've been 99% successful at not buying anything for the past several months.

As for the Maratac: I just read this on WUS:

"I literally was hitting f5 on 2 laptops, and purchased within seconds of it appearing on the site and I recieved the refund this morning."

Seems settled - looks like no one is getting the new Mid-Size.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X