Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grenson Bert Lace - Conventional Suit Shoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenson Bert Lace - Conventional Suit Shoe?

I recently started law school, and know interviews will be coming up sooner than I realize. I already have a nice navy suit and a nice charcoal grey suit, but I'm in serious need of a proper pair of suit shoes. I originally planned on getting a pair of Allen Edmonds (Park or Fifth Avenues) on ebay, but with this upcoming Bonobos 50% off deal I think I might grab a pair on there. I currently have $175.00 credit to the website, which I got for free, so I wouldn't mind splurging on a pair of $345.00 shoes. I was just wondering if they quality was worth the price, and was looking for some opinions on the look of the shoe. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bonobos.com/bert-lace-up-dark-brown

Grenson's are British made and goodyear welted so they will definitely last you a long time. I have not owned any british shoe, but from what I understand they're around the same quality as Loake, but not as high end as Edward Green, Alfred Sargent or Gaziano & Girling.

Probably on par with any Allen Edmonds or Alden (non-cordovan) in terms of US brands.

Comment

look pretty good to me, the grain makes them stand out a bit in a good, subtle way.

I'd consider black though, being in a field as conservative as law. I'm all for personal style, but some of the old timers who's opinions will matter might not understand the brown shoes with the grey suit thing. Black works for both

Comment

Ben, good idea going with the black. I like Allen Edmond's browns better anyways, so one day I will buy a pair of brown AEs in the future. I just thought they looked a bit "sportier" than typical lace ups and wasn't sure if it was something I would regret in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X