Faded Black Ludlow Suit for Interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faded Black Ludlow Suit for Interview?

I love the Ludlow suit line. It's affordable, functional, and looks great. I purchased the the faded black Ludlow a few months ago for my late summer wedding. With a white button down and a green tie I thought it turned out great.

If you like watching other peoples wedding video's, which if you're planning a wedding can get old quickly, you can see the suit here.

http://vimeo.com/49684924

My question for you guys is, do you think I can rock this for a job interview in Dec, Jan, or Feb?

In the Dappered review below you can see the suit in more of a business set up, but Joe doesn't seem to think it would work in the winter.

http://dappered.com/2011/05/the-summer-suit-search-j-crew-striped-ludlow-review/

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts: It's not anywhere close to dark enough for an interview suit (having nothing to do wiht the season). It's also striped when you really should have a solid. It's fine once you have the job, though.

Comment

Valid point. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks.

Comment

uh, if your link was correct, that's not 'faded black', that's light gray. I have the suit in the link and love it, but probably wouldn't wear it to an interview. At least not a first interview.

For me, I'll typically wear a charcoal or navy suit for the first round. Depending on how many rounds you go through, you can change it up. The last promotion I received included 4 rounds of interviews. The third round I wore a light gray with white stripes 3-piece suit with a knit tie and pocket square. Not stuffy, but not conventional either.

Comment

I only said faded black because that is the official name for the color from J Crew. Your are right though, it is definitely grey. Close up its actually white and black stripes. I appreciate the advice and congrats on the promotion!

Comment

J. Crew is just trying to be witty. Faded black is the definition of gray.

Comment

Working...
            X