Slim fit sweaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim fit sweaters

Gents - can anyone attest to the fit and quality (or lack thereof) of the Express Merino Wool sweaters? I am looking for slim, fitted sweaters (I'm 5'9/145#), and so far have tried Polo, BR, and Bonobos, and they're all still billowy on me through the chest and waist at their smallest sizes. Express even offers a fitted version of their merino sweaters now (http://www.express.com/fitted-merino...166becc#jsLink) which I may try out if I can get to their brick and mortar store in town at some point.

Unless Express has changed their cuts drastically in the last year or so, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. Express sweaters have always been a bit baggy on me. I've had the best luck with Banana Republic and J.Crew for slim fit sweaters.

Comment

banana republic luxury blend size s fits me much better than the other brands i have tried on (size s of other brands are too tight in the chest for me), well tapered in the waist and side.

Comment

While their standard merino sweaters fit me just right (for reference, 5'11 and 160), there is a new fitted option for them that is online only. Mostly basic colors, with a few other options (plum, cobalt blue). Could be worth checking out.

Comment

I'm probably slimmer than you, and I generally go to H&M for knits. You won't find any wool beyond blends, however.

Comment

@Lib - Yeah, the H&M sweaters might fit well (haven't tried them yet), but they are so paper thin that I think one or two washes might put it out of it's misery : ) Plus, the v-depth is much deeper than what I'm looking for.

Comment

Fast fashion changes so quickly that it's difficult to know what will be in stores. By this time of the year they should have heavier knits in, provided they aren't all sold out. I can't order anything from them directly (Canada) but I wouldn't even if I could on account of the differences between garments.

Comment

I'm the same size as you, and I always go with J. Crew sweaters in XS. They're actually a bit tight on me at first, but once they stretch after a couple wears, they're perfect.

Comment

@texbuck - Interesting. I'll try on the XS as well when I'm there... thanks! They fit well even with a full dress shirt on underneath?

Comment

BR's sizing I believe assumes you have a dress shirt underneath. Their small is quite large compared to say AF's. They do occasionally sell ones in the more muted colors but they usually go quickly.

Comment

I ordered the merino wool and cotton cashmere from J.Crew Factory and they both are much more slim than the regular ones (which I ordered last year, but rarely wore because they were too loose). I'm pretty happy with them and they fit very well. For your reference I got a Medium and I'm about 5'10" 180 with an athletic build.

Comment

For the Express Fitted Merino sweaters, do you guys have to size down? Most sweaters I have to size down because there is too much room in the waist (6ft 175lb, I usually wear Medium is most clothing, but sweaters I wear Small).

They don't have the Fitted Sweaters in store so I can't decide between a Medium and a Small.

Thanks!

Comment

Express sweaters are slimmer than JCrew and BR, and in my experience much better quality. I typically size down to a XS. The XS from JCrew and BR are both 1-2 inches larger in the torso that the Express Small. Jcrew is general is quite boxy, and their sweaters are ever more so.

Comment

Working...
                          X