Clarks DB Grey Leather vs Grey Suede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarks DB Grey Leather vs Grey Suede

For those who've owned both, does the suede really require much more upkeep than the leather? These will probably go with jeans and the like. On another note, can these really be worn barefoot, or is that a disaster waiting to happen?

the suede's are cheaper on amazon on the moment too (75 vs 110).

bump

Comment

Just spray them with some suede waterproofer before wearing:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF644_1_40000000001_-1

Why would you want to wear boots barefoot?

Comment

I think the suede ones are WAY better looking / more interesting, for what it's worth.

Comment

thanks for the input guys. For whatever reason, the grey suedes are yo-yoing from 74.94 to 110 on the amazon site these last few days.

Comment

I have the suede, sprayed 'em down, and I actually wore them in very light rain before I did and they turned out fine. I get tons of compliments on them, neutral color so they go with almost anything, but the texture gives them character. I recommend 'em.

Comment

I have the taupe/grey suede and the brown beeswax leather. No clue why, but I wear the suede with chinos and the leather with crisp dark denim (and a half inch cuff for anyone keeping score at home).

The suede seem a bit more casual (especially after they build up a nice nap), where I find the leather a more formal. As such, I criss-cross the shoes to the outfits. Laid back shoes to break up a more formal outfit, and vice versa.

As a note, I never like to treat suede and never wear them in the rain. They're a sponge if left untreated (NYC - where walking outdoors is 90% of commute).

Comment

Working...
              X