Finding Your Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Your Size

Am I the only guy that has a hard time finding the right size? I used to be extremely overweight, lost 100lbs, and still have a hard time finding sizes that fit (even to have tailored to fit). I used to be too big, and now I'm too small. Pants are either 30/32 or a 32/32, and shirts are either a M or a SM and blazer/suit jackets a 38. Most everything I see on the rack/shelves is bigger than that. It's all 34/36 waist or a Large, or 40+ in jackets.

Anyone else have that problem? Am I always the last one to go shopping or do stores just stock less of those sizes (if any at all)?

M, 32W, and 38R are just the first things to go. Those are mainly my sizes also. Sale sections and I are usually not friends. Things are gone long before I can get to them.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Stores definitely seem to cater to larger sizes. But I think there are more options today with H&M, etc.

I am about a 38 chest and 32 waist, and if I find something I like, it is usually in a larger size, I usually can find something. I still think you are in the "average" size range and there are a lot of options out there. I feel bad for people that may smaller than a 36 chest or have to get pants hemmed under a 30. It seems like there are hardly any off-the-rack options for them.

Comment

Once you know your size it's pretty easy to just do your shopping online. If you're not sure if something will fit, make sure the site has a good return policy.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Working...
        X