Shade of Chukka boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shade of Chukka boots

I have been looking for a pair of chukka boots for a while now and having small feet(sz 7) doesn't help. I found this pair at Macy's -

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=597922&CategoryID=55637

and have been split between getting one in sand or grey. Has anyone had any experience with the Stacy Adams and what sort of pant/shirt combinations would go well with these?

stacy adams makes some okay looking shoes, but aren't of high quality.

clothing wise, I have some desert boots in sand color, and I wear them with pretty much anything beside khakis.

Comment

I like sand or dark browns, but I suggest Clarks if you can find them.

Comment

Something like these - http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Origina...6991897&sr=8-1 ?

Brown/Taupe suede look great but I already have that color department covered with my brown Stacy Adams Men's Tate Oxfords(http://www.endless.com/dp/B004OPZEHQ). The contrast on the beeswax does look interesting and the sand suedes seem to be a shade too light. Thoughts?

Comment

yeah, I guess I don't have the sand, I have the color they call "oakwood" which I think is pretty good. but the beeswax ones are sick, and you don't have to worry about them getting wet as much as you do with suede.

Comment

Anyone have advice as to the comfort of the Clarks desert boots? I am on my feet a lot everyday, nearly all day, and like some arch support. They look like they may be lacking in that department.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

comfy because of the crepe sole, but no arch support. I have orthodics because of a screwed up knee, and use them, which is great -- but no arch support.

you can get the aftermarket arches or whatever to put in them I suppose. or you need more substantial shoes

Comment

yea, your not going to get arch support on the DB's. I put insoles in mine. I sized up half a size and put in some soles. Granted i dont stand for more than 20 mins in a day. (Auditor, computer screen killing my 20/15 vision) but for those 20 mins i am comfortable lol...

Also, i like all the color of the DB's i saw the wine ones the other day and was thouroghly impressed.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

Considering that I have 10 months or so of rain to look forward to I'm sticking with the beeswax. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Make sure you size down the DB's. I usually wear 10.5-11 and I got 10.5. Should have gotten a 10 or 9.5, they do stretch out a good amount after wearing for a couple weeks.

Comment

I ordered a size 7 which fits snugly, hopefully they will be a lot more comfortable after they stretch.

Comment

Working...
                      X