grey suede chukkas -- how to wear them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grey suede chukkas -- how to wear them?

i know they are easily paired with dark denim, but what other color schemes work on the pants and shirt front? jeans + the chukkas are an easy combo, but how do you pair it all with a shirt? i just snagged a pair of 14th & union chukkas from a rack sale ($60 after it was all said and done) and they fit great, but i'm having a hard time coordinating them with anything. they're still fairly new, so the grey is a little bright, especially against the denim, and i have no idea what works on the shirt/sweater front.

i've done grey chukkas, dark jeans, blue ocbd and grey sweater, but i've run out of ideas past that.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a color that I would NOT wear with grey chukkas and dark jeans. I keep thinking brown wouldn't go, but I'm wearing a brown sweater now that I think would be ok.

Comment

Grays are considered a neutral color and can be worn with any other color. For more on basic color matching see Color Theory at Ask Andy http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/practical-color-help

For Advanced information on color, purchase Irene Riter's "The Science of Personal Dress" http://www.thescienceofpersonaldress.com/ Information applicable to Men and Women with a stronger emphasis that applies to women but there are nuggets that are applicable to men as well as including a mens section. One minor criticism is that the quality of the pictures could be better and the pictures are also dated (think 80's early 90's)

Comment

I wore mine today with khakis and a black sweater.

Comment

Finally a color question I can answer, hooray for having worn gray sneakers for the past...at least 6 years! Any of your standard colors should look good with gray, outside of gray pants. Personal underutilized favorite for me would be maroon/burgundies, and not just because I'm at VT.

Comment

Working...
          X