No announcement yet.

Cheap[er] Peacoats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my JCF peacoat from last year. It's not perfect: the fit is a touch boxy and the material isn't the nicest, but it works for the price.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the JCP wool peacoat. Hopefully the so-called slim fit cut is somewhat accurate, but it's tough to complain about a $200 wool peacoat for $70.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
        Pulled the trigger on the JCP wool peacoat. Hopefully the so-called slim fit cut is somewhat accurate, but it's tough to complain about a $200 wool peacoat for $70.
        that's a great price if it's a decent coat. I wouldn't mind picking up a navy peacoat myself, (only have black currently, which is not great for versatility).

Comment

Gents, let's not forget ebay. Picked up an almost brand new J. Crew Bayswater in navy about two thirds through last winter for $50 shipped.

Plus I have a black Army/Navy Surplus pea-coat that I bought new almost 15 years ago that probably has another 15 year in it. That coat got me through my twenties and is still going strong.

Comment

JCP cancelled my order due to lack of stock so I'm jumping on the 30% off JCF's peacoat. Combined with a Gilt coupon and it's around $130 after shipping/taxes. Not bad.

Comment

The $69.99 slim-fit & wool JCP Peacoat is back on sale, shipping October 13: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/c...317175031M.tif

Comment

WTF lol, last week JCP cancelled my order of that peacoat saying they had no stock. Oh well, have the JCF one on the way now, but still annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
                  WTF lol, last week JCP cancelled my order of that peacoat saying they had no stock. Oh well, have the JCF one on the way now, but still annoying.
                  Just got my JCP peacoat from UPS today. I got a medium, (I'm a 40L in jackets) but I think I may need to size up as it is quite snug with a blazer underneath. Gonna head over to the store tonight / tomorrow and try on the Large. Apparently they have now stocked them in stores. Im pretty happy with the design and material (100% wool and 100% cotton liner). I only paid $56 for it with some creative coupon action. Has anyone checked them out in person. I am interested to see what others are thinking.

How should the shoulders in a peacoat fit? Should the wall trick work with peacoats as it does for the fit of blazers?

Comment

Still a bit annoyed that they cancelled my order only to offer it online and in store within weeks (especially since when I ordered it was on backorder with a projected ship date of mid October). Spent a bit more for the JCF version but actually very pleased with the fit so I guess I can't complain too much. Still, like you, I had the JCP coming for very cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X