Help picking a carry on bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help picking a carry on bag

I just bought a weekender in navy canvas that I really like. The size is 3000. But I also want to get something I can take on a plane. Any suggestions? Preferably no totes and something that will go in color with the weekender.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

This is the weekender I have. It is from JCREW

-Maximus

Comment

I like the quality of JW hulme bags. You may find some you like:

http://www.jwhulmeco.com/

Comment

I was excited...until I saw price haha! Too much. Looking at keeping it 200 or lower. I got that weekend on sale for like 75.

-Maximus

Comment

Frost River.

http://www.frostriver.com/luggage/explorer_duffels.html

I just got their messenger bag, and it's gorgeous.

Edit: oops, didn't see the navy option. Still stand by what I said!

Comment

Well I originally wanted Khaki...khaki and navy kind of go together right? Maybe? Sorta?

-Maximus

Comment

Second DrBenji. I have the Carry On Explorer Duffel and *literally* could be happier. Amazing

Comment

I have a Wood and Faulk (http://woodandfaulk.bigcartel.com/category/bags) I bought earlier this fall. It's awesome and some of them should fit on a plane as a carry on bag. They have different types of material and a few colors to choose from.

Comment

@cforsyth I really like the navy one here. This may be a winner for me. Still want other opionions. Maybe can find something similiar in under the $100 range.

-Maximus

Comment

You could check out Everlane's bags: https://www.everlane.com/collections...nder-shop-mens. $95 each.

If you go that route, my invite code is https://www.everlane.com/n/p6zcpu, if you want to use it.

Comment

Any interest in a backpack, or only a messenger/duffle type bag?

I was just shopping for large carry on sized bags for my vacation.

My suggestion: - cheaper, lifetime warranty, but a bit smaller (20x12 instead of 22x14). Also has backpack straps if you want to carry it that way. It's actually quite small - don't let the picture fool you.

Briggs & Riley BRX 20 - $155

The most popular and classiest (but most expensive) are these two:

Tom Bihn Aeronaut - $250

Red Oxx Air Boss - $225

Another popular option for travelers, also a bit smaller:

Patagonia MLC - $150ish

Some other more backpacky type options that are front-loading:

Osprey Porter 46 - $80 w/ coupon

REI Vagabond 40L - $150

eBags Motherlode. Ugly as hell though. - $80

Comment

I have a beautiful leather Floto Luggage Venezia Duffle which is perhaps the most complimented item in my closet (or atleast, the most complimented the one time I used it). I haven't used it since and have contemplated letting it go for a while so let me know if any of you fellows are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
                          Another popular option for travelers, also a bit smaller:

Patagonia MLC - $150ish
                          This has my recommendation, too. MLC stands for Maximum Legal Carry-on, which means you technically can't bring anything bigger on board with you. If you're looking for a bag you could take on a business trip or backpacking excursion, this is the one. Fits way more than you think, if you're a savvy packer.

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                            This has my recommendation, too. MLC stands for Maximum Legal Carry-on, which means you technically can't bring anything bigger on board with you. If you're looking for a bag you could take on a business trip or backpacking excursion, this is the one. Fits way more than you think, if you're a savvy packer.
                            The MLC is the best bag I've ever bought. It seems like no matter what I set out to pack, it manages to fit. My best was a two week business trip in January that included two weeks in sub-Saharan Africa and a week in northern Europe -- not much overlap in terms of weather but it somehow all popped right in there. Don't get the wheeled version -- it's heavier and smaller. And their customer service is so fantastic that on the miniscule chance something goes wrong they will take care of you.

Comment

Working...
                            X