Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women's Boots Recommendations

Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller. My wife mentioned she wants a nice pair of black or brown boots for Christmas. Any recommendations? She's tall and thin and she's replacing some older, fashionable riding boot not Uggs.

Thanks!

-NB

Frye makes really nice looking boots for women. Some really ugly ones too, but their riding boots are excellent quality.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

What's the budget? I've been looking for boots for my wife for over a year, and I've learned something important. Unlike guys, women's boots are typically measured as fitted throughout the calf while wearing pants. So leg circumference becomes a big factor. The proper fit is to hug the calf while not strangling it. You either have to find something the right circumference or find something wider and have it altered (which isn't cheap). This is particularly difficult for women with narrow calves (which my wife also has). You might want to start by actually measuring her calf size.

Comment

There are just too many different styles of women's boots to really recommend anything. I went searching for boots with my girlfriend fairly recently, looking at a lot of (what i thought) nice mid-high end boots at pretty much every store nearby. She hated pretty much everything and ended up falling in love with a pair from G.H. Bass co.

After the 50th pair of boots I stopped being able to tell what the difference was.

My advice, make a day of it, have her try on a million different pairs and get some clues as to her preferred type.

Comment

I second the recommendation of Fryes. I bought my wife a dark brown mid-calf pair about 4 years ago (big props for that move, by the way) and they've held up very well through several seasons of heavy use in often pretty bad weather. They still look great.

Comment

Working...
          X