Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a review of Uniqlo Polo shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a review of Uniqlo Polo shirt?

With the advent of the recently launched Uniqlo site, and with some of the good review Joe just gave, I was wondering if anybody could comment on quality and fit of their polos. I have no experience with the brand, I'm interested in them because the prices are great. For fit reference, a Medium in BR/GAP polo, Medium Bonobos polo fits me great, a medium in RL custom fit or regular fit fits me too tight in the shoulders and or arms respectively. Thanks!

I bought 3 in size small last time I was there in person. I'm 5'9 / 155lbs and they fit me pretty well, though a touch snug in the chest.

I'm not a huge fan of the material though - it's not quite mesh-like, but similar. I think I paid around $12 each though, so didn't really overthink it. I find it pretty difficult to find a polo that fits me both in the chest and in the sleeves, so I jumped on them.

Most polos are too big for me in a medium, but too small in a small. These seemed just right in a small.

Comment

I have the Men's Dry Pique Polo and the Men's Washed Pique Polo. I bought the washed when I was in New York and I really like the fit. I'm 6' 175. It is definitely snug, but that's how i like to wear polos. I liked it so much that I asked a couple of friends to pick me up 2 polos the next time they were in New York. They bought me the Dry Pique Polos which are 80/20 cotton/poly. I much prefer the fabric on the 100% Washed Pique Polos, even before I knew the Dry contained any polyester.

They were cheap. I'll definitely be getting some more, but they will be the Washed Pique only. I just wish they came in as many colors as the 80/20 Dry versions.

Comment

Old thread awakening

Any comparisons on fit with BR Luxe to Uniqlo polos?

Comment

No comment on BR Luxe but I just got 2 of the Uniqlo Dry Pique's and really like them. The fabric is a bit rough but the fit and price is great. Curious to see how the Dry technology works out.

Comment

Originally posted by AENYC View Post
            No comment on BR Luxe but I just got 2 of the Uniqlo Dry Pique's and really like them. The fabric is a bit rough but the fit and price is great. Curious to see how the Dry technology works out.
            How was the fit? I'm kinda bummed about the spread collar shirts going so fast.

Comment

Fit was great, slim but not tight in the body though the arms were a slightly tight. I'm 5'7 155lbs and a small was just about perfect. The medium was way big, particularly the length.

Comment

I can give an update on this. I finally got a chance to try the uniqlo recently. For me, size medium was a tad snug in upper body which is now how BR medium fits me as well. I do not like clothing to be snug at all so these were a no go. The uniqlo material on the pique was actually nice considering it was a steal at $20. For reference, at present my best fitting polos are club monaco in size large. Also america apparel size medium fits great, they give you more room in upperbody and sleeves without making the waist a tent.5"11, 173, waist 33 chest 41.
                Last edited by LittleNelly; April 24, 2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
                  I can give an update on this. I finally got a chance to try the uniqlo recently. For me, size medium was a tad snug in upper body which is now how BR medium fits me as well. I do not like clothing to be snug at all so these were a no go. The uniqlo material on the pique was actually nice considering it was a steal at $20. For reference, at present my best fitting polos are club monaco in size large. Also america apparel size medium fits great, they give you more room in upperbody and sleeves without making the waist a tent.5"11, 173, waist 33 chest 41.
                  How long was the Large Uniqlo?

Comment

Originally posted by louisvillesmuggler View Post
                    How long was the Large Uniqlo?
                    Didn't try large but the medium was fine on length for me, prob covered 1/2 zipper

Comment

Working...
                    X