Hurricane Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Sandy

Just saying be safe you guys. I live in SC so I know how much hurricanes can suck.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Fortunately it's affect on the DC area was pretty limited. Hope everyone in NYC/NJ made it through unscathed.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I am in Ohio and we are getting snow from it. I am watching TV and NY/NJ got rocked by the storm.

Comment

I am in Toronto, the wind is nuts. We have a dining set with a big closed canopy on our porch, and the wind tore the top part of the canopy right open. A sign was also torn and blown into a woman and unfortunately killed her. I could hardly sleep it was so loud. Driving around in it for work is not fun

Comment

I'm more used to seeing big storms here along the gulf coast than in the northeast. It's still wierding me out. Hope everyone is safe.

Comment

Damn it looks like NY/NJ got it pretty bad, seconding the sentiment, and hoping everyone is okay!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm in NJ but thank god we didn't have any damage to our house. We just lost power but thankfully, I hooked up a gas generator to my electrical panel last week to get ready for winter. I didn't think I was going to need it so soon, but my timing was impeccable.

Comment

... and now you're sucking down watts on dappered.com. That's hard core. :-)

Comment

@Alan - LOL! I remain committed to the cause.

Comment

We got it pretty bad in NYC, but in my neck of the woods (Boerum Hill, Brooklyn), things are relatively calm. The flood waters didn't reach me and they've receded from their high point a few blocks away. Power's on, internet's on, sweater's on, office is closed, kids are napping, beer's in hand...not too shabby for a disaster.

Comment

Shomas...I live in SC and if we had a hurricane like that, they would probably hesitate to close work! Ha that sounds like a nice "panic" time.

-Maximus

Comment

Yeah, I can't really complain - but in New York, complaining about the weather is a way of life, even under the best of circumstances, which these aren't. We got way lucky, but not everyone was so fortunate. I'm about to hop on my bike and go drop some clothes off at a local shelter. And I'm pretty sure that if the trains were running, the office would be open. As it is, I'd have to swim to get there.

Comment

Yeah I have family in New York, away from the coast. Rochester. Thoughts and prayers go up to everyone up there.

-Maximus

Comment

Growing up and living in New Orleans I can definitely sympathize with what's happening up there. Hope they have a lot of booze and board games. Make the best of your Hurrication, and stay safe.

Comment

No power, water or sanitation at my apartment, but I'm up at the office. Not everyone gets a hurrication...

Comment

Working...
                              X