JCrew Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCrew Credit Card

Just got mine. Not to pleased with the interest rate and the lack of overall benefits, but I do my majority of the shopping at JCREW. Easier to follow my purchases I guess. Anoyone else have this card?

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Easier to get you into debt.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

I have it and I'm also displeased with the interest rate. I just use it infrequently and pay it off every month.

Comment

@Sdot-Agreed! Although I am 23 and only have 3 CCs. I have an American Express that is my primary. A Visa that I got when I was 18. It is my emergency card, and also the card linked to my Itunes haha. And now the JCREW card.

@Shomas thats my plan. At the turn of the year I plan on revamping my wardrobe. So I guess I'll spend around 1K. So if I use the majority at JCREW I make $50 bucks...pitty thats the only real reward. The alterations is no go for me, considering the closest JCREW to me is a hour and a half away.

-Maximus

Comment

Yeah, the rewards are a little weak. I may use the alteration service sometimes, but I buy online more often than not (not because there aren't locations near me, but because between work and kids, I have precious little time to actually shop in person).

Comment

If you pay it off every month, you don't need to care what the interest rate is. If you don't pay it off every month, the cost of the interest will vastly exceed the value of the rewards.

Comment

Generally speaking, I don't know of ANY store credit cards that are worth having.

Comment

Alan, Banana Republic is pretty good. Same with Macy's.

"We had a sick night b*tches!"

Comment

We have a macy's card. We signed up for it when we got married and registered there. They incuded a ton of extra rewards for that. In that regard, it was worth it. However, the only way to accrue rewards is to spend money. So if you got something that normally costs $100 for $90... Did you just save $10? Or did you just spend $100? Basically, store=based reward cards negatively impact spending habits. Even regular credit cards can have that affect, but not to the same degree.

Comment

Alan nailed it in regards to changing behavior. Best to look for a card that offers good everyday rewards imo. If I end up making a big purchase to fill out my work wardrobe at one of these stores I'll probably sign up for the card get the instant discount and cancel. Ironically the aforementioned job will be at a credit card company...

Comment

HA! I have an American Express rewards that I love. Its the Hilton card, so I get free hotel rooms after certain amounts. Which is great. I live a hour from the beach, so next summer I am taking a 4 day vacay down there which should be mostly paid for. But I may keep the Jcrew card for a while and cancel. I live in SC so I could just blame it on the hackers. haha.

-Maximus

Comment

Working...
                      X