AE Park Avenues - : (

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Park Avenues - : (

After a great experience with the Daltons, I subsequently tried the Kenilworth's, but just could not find a size that did not involve heel slippage and/or bowing in the middle of the show. In one last swing for success, I ordered two pair of the AE Park Avenues (9D and 9.5D)... got them today and in a blind taste test, tried the 9D and... heel slippage and bowing. Argh. I don't think I can slide down to say, 8.5D (I am a 9.5D in the Dalton's, which I believe are on the same lasts as the Kenilworth/Park Avenues), so I think I'm done with AE's for now. Damn.

Heel slip from length? could try 8.5 E

Comment

You are wearing shoes that are too long.

The daltons aren't going to slip because they are boots and fit tightly around the ankle.

I own daltons and PAs both in 9E. They don't slip.

Comment

Good points, gents. Maybe I will indeed try the 8.5, then.

Comment

Gabe: Good luck on avoiding bowing. I went through around 4 pairs of PA's and still ended up settling on a pair that bows only moderately instead of insanely.

They 9's do run a bit long on me, not sure how much of a reason that is for it. 8.5E's were a little tight in the toes. I'm starting to think I should have gone that route and just stretched them out.

I have a pair of 8D's here I picked up at the Beren sale (brand new) if you want to buy them for around $220 shipped. You can probably swap them out at an AE store for 8.5's.

Comment

If you can't find a size that works for you, then the last is probably not good for your foot. You're better off trying a different style on a different last.

Comment

go on the AE website and chat with one of the representatives online. that may help. I spoke with them asking questions a few nights in a row, speaking to different reps on what size of boot I should get, they all recommended different sizes. so they may be a help, they may not.

Comment

I would suggest going in to an AE store and getting fitted. I tried some of their shoes I had purchased from online in an 8.5D and my heel kept slipping so I went with 8D. That stopped the heel slippage but there was no room in the toe box. I went in and they ordered 9C for me and they fit me perfectly. The narrower shoe was long enough for my toes and was narrower in the heel so my foot wouldn't slip out. This solved my issue with the Park Aves and Strands. Unfortunately they don't make most of their shoes in a C width, including the McTavish.

Comment

+1 for Vicious. Get sized up at the store. Try all the shoes you are interested in purchasing ever. See how the different lasts fit.

Comment

Do they have stores outside of Wisconsin?

Comment

Most major cities have them. Also, Nordstroms carries AE's so you could be fitted there.

Comment

Hey fellas - thanks for all of your input - as someone suggested, I spoke to an AE rep via chat and she suggested I try out the 8.5E's on an exchange, so gonna give that a whirl.

I live about 90 minutes from the nearest AE store unfortunately, so getting sized properly wasn't an option this time (although I did get sized at that same AE store when I got my Daltons).

Comment

Their website looks like they only have stores in NYC, SF, and places where nobody lives. Weird.

Comment

They just opened their first-ever dedicated (i.e., Allen Edmonds only) store in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago, and there's been one in Charlotte for some years.

At least a few dozen people live in each of those cities...and those are just the ones I know of personally, since I've lived in those places. And those stores do appear on the website's store locator.

Comment

I'm in northern va and there's 2 stores within 35 miles from me. 1 of them is less than 10 miles away. I know there's 1 near Houston tx as well. I'd say they have stores near most major cities.

Comment

Working...
                              X