Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me put together an outfit around these shoes

Greetings Gents,

I am new around these parts (first post), but I have been lurking for a few weeks and I have committed to increasing my personal style and to becoming a dapper looking fellow. Anyway, I have a big meeting tomorrow and I snagged these Bass Burlingtons on the cheap:

http://www.zappos.com/bass-burlingto...-earth-aladdin

First of all, what do you think?

Secondly, what would you pair them with? Would someone be willing to help me put together an entire outfit? I grabbed a blue leather belt that matches the blue leather on the shoe but I can always return it. Blue or Brown belt? Grey or Tan slacks? Should I rock a blue tie or switch up the color scheme up top?

I will be wearing a blue pinstripe sport coat as well.

Please feel free to post pictures of what you think will look good.

Thanks for helpin' a brother out!

Cheers,

Ryan

I can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shines.

@unspoken brown belt, tan slacks. Can u post a pic of the blazer? What is the occasion? This makes a big difference.

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
    #StayDapper

Comment

I can in the a.m. I am at my girls apartment and the jacket is at mine.

The occasion:

I work for a broad line food distributor, I sell mostly to independent local restaurants. I am having about 30 of my customers gather at a nice hotel for an evening of cocktails and to sample some new products that my company has recently released. It will be a casual drop in format and very low pressure as far as making sales and closing deals. More along the lines of getting them out of their stressful environments and letting them kick back, relax, and find a few new products that would work well on their menus.

Comment

unspokenryan, I strongly dislike the shoes, but that may be due to a clash between southern and northern (and European) style. My advice would be to start with a simple outfit: crisply pressed cotton trousers, a nice light blue or white dress shirt that does not have a button down collar, a favourite tie, and your sport coat.

From the items you listed:

Brown leather belt.

Grey pressed/ironed slacks (if they're somewhat formal).

Solid white, light blue, or light pink shirt.

Sport coat.

I recommend a solid shirt so that you have more flexibility with your ties. There's a long essential tie thread that includes colour matching combinations that might be helpful.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion bruschetta!

I have the receipt, so I can always take them back. I am waiting on some AE's to arrive that I won off of ebay...

Comment

I'm not a fan of those shoes, either, but I hate to be negative so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Gangnam Style; since you got the shoes already. A light blue Jacket, white tux shirt, a bowl tie, and a pair of black pant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Comment

I ain't got anything constructive to contribute but DAMN thems is bold shoes.

Comment

First of all: if you dig those shoes don't return them just because a few guys on the internet don't like them. It's all about confidence.

Second of all: those shoes are pretty cool. I'm not into saddle shoes but I have some wingtips in that same brown-on-blue scheme. They're different enough to get noticed without being garish or clowny. Go for it.

Third: try not to match too much. The key to a bold piece is to let it speak for itself. Keep the rest of the outfit simple and the shoes will pop. If you're gonna match a belt match the browns not the blues. Basically what bruschetta said, grey slacks etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X