BR Blazer Fits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Blazer Fits

Wondering if anyone could provide any guidance on their fits for their various blazers.

When I look at the description of the "fit" for the below blazers, its all the same description that is provided regardless of the type of blazer. So can I assume that if I fit nicely in a tailored fit in a 40r, I would fit nicely in all 40R regardless of the type of blazer? (Descriptions are from their website)

Tailored- Tailored fit: an overall slimmer, more custom fit. Slightly thinner lapel, more narrow through the shoulder, a more fitted waist and sleeve.

Heritage - Tailored fit: an overall slimmer, more custom fit. Slightly thinner lapel, more narrow through the shoulder, a more fitted waist and sleeve.

Monogram - An overall slimmer, more custom fit. Slightly thinner lapel, more narrow through the shoulder, a more fitted waist and sleeve.

and then their (plain) blazers -Tailored fit: an overall slimmer, more custom fit. Slightly thinner lapel, more narrow through the shoulder, a more fitted waist and sleeve.

For BR blazers, I fit a 40R "tailored fit" pretty well but wearing a regular 40R is too big in the shoulders for some reason.

Comment

Tailored fit is true to size...I wear a 38R and it's a perfect OTR fit

"One man's style must not be the rule of another's." - Jane Austen
      #StayDapper

Comment

- Anything in the "heritage" or "monogram" lines will fit TTS, and will fit relatively close. Won't require any tailoring for people in good shape, but won't fit people who are fat.

- Anything NOT in the heritage or monogram lines will have big stupid shoulder pads and will need tailoring.

- "Tailored fit" sometimes is OK, but usually falls into the latter bucket.

I have bought 5 blazers from BR over the years; I only kept one heritage and one monogram. Tailored fits always had weird shoulders.

I'm a fan of the heritage/monogram lines, but if they're too expensive I recommend jcrew or uniqlo instead.

Comment

jake89, A 40R in BR's tailored fit is similar to a 38R in SuitSupply, a 39R in Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald and Regent. It may be helpful to know your shoulder width and choose based on your measurements.

Comment

I am 5'9", 190lbs, stout build. I have bought 2 blazers from BR. I bought the double-breasted navy blazer and the taupe wool blazer. The DB was in a 42R but I have to size up for the taupe wool blazer and get a 44R. I will require some tailoring to shorten the sleeves but I found it odd bc both are considered a "tailored" fit.

Comment

all the BR blazers and shirts are long in the sleeves on me, that I was expecting. I was just surprised by the difference in fits that I had to size up even though both are BR and both are considered tailored fit.

Comment

There is almost an inch difference in the shoulders between the Suit Supply Napoli and the Sienna styles in a 38R. Just an FYI before people equate 40R in BR tailored to all 38R Suit Supply jackets.

All Suit Supply suit measurements are helpfully listed on the product page. Just click "What's My Size" link, then click the Suit Sizes tab.

Comment

The Tailored fit line is a really good TTS off the rack fit. Far slimmer than the ludlow line from JCrew (does anyone else find JCrew clothers to be so boxy that they unwearable?). The armholes are high and shoulder padding is on the minimal side. The Monogram has higher armholes and less shoulder padding than the Tailored line. But lines have slim countors. If you are slender some tailoring will still need to be done. Usually I have the jacket brought in at the torso about 2-3 inches.

The only minor complaint I have (which is easily fixed with tailoring) is that the skirt of jacket (around the butt area) tends to flair out a little. My tailor said that it looks like the jacket was designed for a slim person with a large butt. Again, its easily fixed with tailoring, but something a bit odd.

Comment

thanks for all the replies to this...went with the 40R at BR for the Heritage navy stripe three-button blazer..the comments on it are correct--there is no red "pop" on the back of the collar..but its fits really nice.The thing that sort've bothered me..the size on the jacket read "40r/40s"...I was kind;ve surprised at that..

Comment

Working...
                    X