Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• savoyspecial
    replied

I have had no luck with the fit of the any J-crew/factory button down shirt, either the large is too big in the waist, or the medium is too tight across the chest/upperback/ and shoulders. My measurements for reference.5'11, 172lbs, 41 chest, 48 shoulders, 34 waist.

Leave a comment:

• goterps
    replied

efoi: do you find XS regular and S slim to be the same? Looking through their sale section both in store (regular) and factory online there tends to be tons of XS regular but no slim. In store they seem to fit similarly though its hard to say. For chest fit, the 36S in BR's slim suits fits me perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• AC
    replied

As a larger guy, I would definitely recommend. I go about 6'3'' 230 (try to go 44L, sometimes have to do 46 jacket, and 35-36 pants) former college football player, and the factory shirts are my absolute go-to. I wouldn't quite say I'm barrel-chested but have large shoulders and long arms, so they fit great.

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied

Terrific feedback, thank you guys very much. I think I might give them a shot, especially given the prices and discount currently going on.

Leave a comment:

• j.r.
    replied

Don't want to pry for measurements, but here is a frame of reference, FWIW.

6'1, 190lbs - 16.5/17 neck, 33-34 waist, 35 sleeve length. Not a "barrel-chested beast of a man", but not scrawny.

The Large is perfect sleeve length and neck width, but I have to have the sleeves slimmed and the sides taken in on these shirts. A coupon code is the only way to justify buying it and then having it tailored so much.

Hopefully this helps a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• xrh93
    replied

They are some of the better fitting shirts IMO. I always wear a M and M fits well, although a slim-fit is rather right, but still fits well.

Leave a comment:

• Eyerman
    replied

I can wear either the small or XS. The XS is too small in the shoulders but fits everywhere else. A small is spot on in the shoulders and I have to get the body brought in as well as the sleeves tappered and shortened.

Leave a comment:

• DonaldFDraper
    replied

To the OP... I am not as "barrel chested" as you but I am 6' 4", 215 lbs. with bigger shoulders and chest measurements for my "build". I am definitely a large in dress shirts. Jackets are usually 44; sometimes 42.

As some one who is not extremely thin, I personally like the way J. Crew Factory shirts fit. Both the slim and regular fit me a little better than LEC and GAP Modern Oxford in Large. I would not consider them billowy. The regular Brooks Brothers and Land's End shirt are what I would consider billowy.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Scooter
    replied

Do they fit a bit large in the chest too, or just the waist? Interested in their OCBDs primarily. I always have to choose whether or not to size down to small in a brand for less length in the body and sleeves and a smaller waist, but about 50% of the time the chest will be too small. Gap/BR/ON and LEC I can usually wear smalls, but not fitted/tailored smalls.

5ft 7", 165 lbs, 41" chest, 33-34 waist (not vanity sizing, i wear 30x30) are my measurments. Weight lifter.

Leave a comment:

• redsubway
    replied

I have a couple smalls (my normal size) and the fit is a little billowy. But I couldn't size down to an XS because the sleeves would be too short. Not the worst fit in the world, but not amazing either.

Leave a comment:

• efoi
    replied

I'd size down. I wear an extra small in their shirts and it fits better than a slim small. For context, I'm 5'6" 145 lbs and wear an XS in Bonobos shirts whereas an H&M small is almost too tight

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

I like the softer feel of the J Crew factory secret wash shirts. They fit similar to the BR tailored fit shirts except they're not quite as long in the body.

Leave a comment:

• Sigtweed Corduroy
    replied

Thanks for the feedback guys. So billowy for most might equal slim fit for this barrel chested beast of a man...

Leave a comment:

• kbrown
    replied

They are pretty billowy. Like brooks brothers.

Sleeves also run long.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

I usually size down to smalls whereas I usually wear medium extra slim fits in other brands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X